Leidos is seeking a Portfolio Systems Engineer Manager who will support successful program outcomes for the Space and Missile Systems Center / Ground Based Space Surveillance Division (SMC/SYG) Maintenance of Space Situational Awareness Integrated Capabilities (MOSSAIC) contract, located in Colorado Springs, CO.
The MOSSAIC contract provides depot-level sustainment and modernization of multiple space situational awareness radars, optical telescopes in the US and overseas, software development and integration labs, and support to Command and Control/Battle Management Command and Control centers and systems. The program provides hardware and software engineering and development to modernize and sustain existing and evolving systems.As the Portfolio Systems Engineer Manager, you will be responsible for development, testing, and integration of the MOSSAIC System of Systems (Portfolio). This includes responsibilities for management of systems engineering, software development, hardware engineering, network engineering, developmental testing, technical baselines, enterprise integration and specialty engineering capabilities.
The PSE will organize and direct systems engineering, information assurance, hardware engineering, software development and testing staff to meet objectives for both new capability development and modification/enhancement of existing designs. The PSE will implement design concepts and fundamental technology used for new products/designs/technology or improvement of existing ones, formulate aspects of engineering design proposal resource requirements, and plan and develop engineering requirements to develop new capability. Requirements include both planned, scheduled capability development and modification tasks and rapid response requirements to meet urgent user needs. Major elements of the systems engineering, hardware engineering, and software engineering staffs will work in an agile organizational structure and operate on an agile cadence for capability delivery. This position is contingent upon contract award to Leidos.
- Ensure that all required systems engineering actions are adequately planned, integrated and that all modernization projects and tasks under the contract run within scope, time, and budget constraints.
- Plan, execute, monitor and control personnel and financial resources.
- Manage multiple matrix-managed teams led by subordinate managers and/or supervisors, including subcontractor personnel, working in an agile development environment.
- Create and maintain an enterprise Systems Engineering Management Plan (SEMP).
- Perform trade studies to identify technical solutions.
- Develop and maintain technical baselines, requirements documents, design documents, test requirements, and other technical documentation.
- Performing risk analysis and implement risk mitigation plans.
- Perform information assurance.
- Supervise and manage hardware and software engineering and development activities.
- Interface with the Chief Architect to develop opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement.
- Interface with senior Government personnel, technical and non-technical staff, subcontractors, and support personnel.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, or related field with 12+ years of relevant experience or Master's degree with 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with ground based radar and optical sensors.
- Experience planning and supervising agile software development, including road mapping and release planning.
- Experience managing a large system of systems.
- Experience managing a portfolio of geographically dispersed systems.
- Experience developing technical specifications, requirements, interface control documents, etc.
- Experience performing trade studies to identify technical solutions.
- Experience using modelling and simulation to validate system designs.
- Experience managing cost and schedule of medium to large sized projects.
- Experience managing large project teams.
- Support program management by conducting planning, for cost and schedule.
- Experience performing risk analysis and implement risk mitigation plans.
- Experience preparing and presenting technical analyses and briefings to company management, customers, and stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated experience applying project management principles using industry best practices such as the PMBOK.
- Experience using the IBM DOORS Requirements Management Tool.
- Experience using Aras Innovator Product Lifecycle Management Software.
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance; ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance.
- Master’s degree in engineering, science, or related field.
- Prior Air Force Space Command, Space and Missile Systems Center experience.
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner or equivalent.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.