Leidos is seeking a Portfolio Life Cycle Engineer Manager who will support successful program outcomes for the Space and Missile Systems Center / Ground Based Space Surveillance Division (SMC/SYG) Maintenance of Space Situational Awareness Integrated Capabilities (MOSSAIC) contract located in Colorado Springs, CO.The MOSSAIC contract provides depot-level sustainment and modernization of multiple space situational awareness radars, optical telescopes in the US and overseas, software development and integration labs, and support to Command and Control/Battle Management Command and Control centers and systems. The program provides hardware and software engineering and development to modernize and sustain existing and evolving systems.
As the Portfolio Life Cycle Engineer Manager, you will be responsible for full life cycle sustainment operations of MOSSAIC program systems, including fielding of upgrades or new systems. This includes supervising teams of engineering and support personnel working closely with US Air Force Government leaders and technical staff to assess, maintain and enhance the mission readiness of Space Situational Awareness radar and optical systems, associated support equipment and software. Responsibilities also include mission assurance, assessing requirements for repair parts and spares, maintaining adequate inventory of MOSSAIC-program repair parts not stocked elsewhere in the supply system, maintaining trained Field Service Technicians, to accomplish depot-level maintenance and train Level 1 maintenance personnel on new hardware and software. Includes supervising planning, site surveys, integration and installation of new hardware and software. The PLCSE will ensure that all systems achieve the specified level of operational availability (as attributable to depot-level maintenance), and that the fielding and implementation of new hardware and software is done without a negative impacts to readiness. This position is contingent upon contract award to Leidos.
- Monitor MOSSAIC weapons system readiness and maintain readiness at or above required levels, proactively addressing all depot-level maintenance issues.
- Ensure that all required product support actions are adequately planned and that all sustainment projects and tasks under the contract run within scope, time, and budget constraints.
- Plan, execute, monitor and control personnel and financial resources.
- Manage multiple teams led by subordinate managers and/or supervisors, including subcontractor personnel.
- Manage life cycle planning and support including obsolescence and spares analysis, development of maintenance plans and recommendations, efficiently maintaining required depot-level spares and repair parts, and responsive support to MOSSAIC weapon systems.
- Establishment and monitoring of supply chain assurance controls.
- Interface with the SYG IPTs and system end users to understand user needs and system issues.
- Provide recommendations to lower the Life Cycle Costs for the portfolio systems.
- Monitor mission status and proactively address issues.• Gather and analyze portfolio performance metrics.
- Develop and maintain requirements documents, design documents, training materials, test requirements, and other technical documentation.
- Ensure that supply and maintenance actions fully support mission needs.
- Perform risk analysis and implement risk mitigation plans.
- Interface with the Chief Engineer to develop opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement.
- Interface with senior Government personnel, technical and non-technical staff, subcontractors, and support personnel.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, or related field with 12+ years of relevant experience or Master's degree with 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with management of life cycle support and logistics for ground based radar and optical sensors
- Experience managing a portfolio of geographically dispersed systems.
- Experience coordinating with sub-contractors, depot contractors, and other support contracts on sustainment projects.
- Experience developing technical specifications, requirement, interface control documents, etc.
- Experience managing cost and schedule of medium to large sized projects.
- Experience managing large project teams.
- Support program management by conducting planning, for cost and schedule
- Experience performing risk analysis and implement risk mitigation plans.
- Experience preparing and presenting technical analyses and briefings to company management, customers, and stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated experience applying project management principles using industry best practices such as the PMBOK.
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance; ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s degree in engineering, science, or related field.
- Prior Air Force Space Situational Awareness life cycle logistics management experience.
- DAWIA Level III certification in Life Cycle Logistics.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.