Leidos is seeking a Chief Architect who will directly support the Program Manager in achieving successful program outcomes for the US Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center / Ground Based Space Surveillance Division’s Maintenance of Space Situational Awareness Integrated Capabilities (MOSSAIC) contract.
The MOSSAIC contract provides depot-level sustainment and modernization of multiple space situational awareness radars, optical telescopes in the US and overseas, software development and integration labs, and support to Command and Control/Battle Management Command and Control centers and systems.The program provides hardware and software engineering and development to modernize and sustain existing and evolving systems.As the Chief Architect, you will work with the Program Manager and Chief Systems Engineer to achieve rapid modifications to space situational awareness (SSA) capabilities, command and control systems and the Battle Management needed to meet emerging operational demands.
This position is contingent upon contract award to Leidos.). This position is contingent upon contract award to Leidos.
- Serve as the Program Manager’s senior technical expert on MOSSAIC program modernization initiatives.
- Primary focus is on identifying and adapting future technologies and capabilities necessary to rapidly modernize the MOSSAIC portfolio of systems as an enterprise, rather than as stove piped systems.
- Requires an intimate knowledge of existing systems and their capabilities, the current and predicted operational environment and the warfighting needs.
- Will supervise the development of capability assessments to define and measure current system (As Is) capabilities and desired future (To Be) capabilities and conduct trade studies and analyses of alternatives to develop the architecture that results in the highest objective capability for the resources available.
- Will maintain awareness of adjacent SSA and Battle Management and Command and Control (BMC2) capabilities and modernization plans and ensure that the MOSSAIC modernization is fully synchronized with other stakeholder efforts.
- Lead the development of integrated enterprise and system-level roadmaps for the modernization effort.
- Will maintain an awareness of current and emerging radar, optical, space based surveillance systems, contributing sensors, command and control systems and other technologies relevant to the MOSSAIC program.
- Develop and present technical presentation to senior Government personnel.
- Identify candidate technologies, opportunities for commonality across MOSSAIC systems and opportunities for data sharing between MOSSAIC systems.
- Supervise the development of As Is and To Be capability assessments for the MOSSAIC program.
- Supervise and lead trade studies and analyses of alternatives to enhance MOSSAIC enterprise capabilities.• Supervise the development of integrated enterprise and system-specific roadmaps for modernization.
- Working with the MOSSAIC program systems engineering, software and hardware engineering team, develop and implement approved modernization efforts within specified performance, cost and schedule objectives and ensures a seamless transition of new technologies into the program of record.
- Maintain awareness and expertise in MOSSAIC-relevant technology.
- Master's degree in engineering or physical science with 10+ years of relevant engineering experience and 10+ years in engineering management roles.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience must be in senior roles directly relevant to MOSSAIC's space situational awareness mission.• Knowledge of the systems and technologies that support the Air Force’s ground-based space situational awareness mission.
- Prior portfolio management experience, requiring the development of integrated technical modernization plans, based on reviewed trade studies, analyses of alternatives or similar technical studies.
- Demonstrated mastery of systems engineering processes and practices, including DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF) experience.
- Demonstrated capability, across multiple programs, to take technology from concept to implementation.
- Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization and meeting with stakeholders to formulate, review, and execute technical plans and deliverable items.
- Experience presenting briefings to senior customer management, customer stakeholders, and company management.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance; ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance.
- Doctorate in engineering or physical science.
- Prior experience as a Chief Engineer, Chief Technology Officer or similar position on a major program.
- Prior Air Force Space Command, Space and Missile Systems Center experience.
- Technical program management experience.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.