The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) currently has an opening for a Security Specialist at our Arlington VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience in managing very intricate programs in support of the mission. Serve as the special security official providing expertise in all security functions for this program in accordance with the NISPOM supplements, overprints and other government regulations, e.g. DoDM 5205.07 Vols 1-4, ICD’s, DoDM and 5105.21 M1.
- Providing day-to-day support to the management and technical staff
- Writing Standard Operating Procedures
- Conducting annual self-inspections
- Submitting personnel for access
- Maintaining personnel records
- Conducting initial and annual refresher training
- Performing debriefs
- Maintaining document control
- Completing Fixed Facility Checklists
- Performing security violation investigations
- Transferring classified material
- Submitting foreign travel notifications
- Sending visit notifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 8 to 12 years of professional security experience.
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas, i.e. special security, and DoD security programs
- An understanding of security principles and government special security regulations (i.e. ICDs, DODM 5205.07 vols, NISPOM, JSIG, Supplement and Overprint)
- Contribute to the development and execution of security policy, plans and procedures
- Excellent organizational/communications skills and the ability to effectively interact with staff at all levels
- Top Secret Clearance is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for an SSBI and access to classified information. Preference for current SSBI
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.