Leidos is looking for an entry level Electrical Engineer for our Honolulu, HI location. The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for design and planning related activities associated with electric transmission, distribution and substation facilities. Responsibilities may also include system planning assignments from time to time.
This position will be a member of a design team comprised of engineers, designers, and CAD technicians and will also coordinate and collaborate directly with client representatives to complete work.
• Complete tasks and assignments based on direction provided by senior engineers
• Conduct site investigations to assess existing conditions, identify potential constructability issues, and develop possible solutions
• Perform engineering calculations and analyses, using client and industry software where applicable
• Apply the minimum requirements of the National Electrical Safety Code to the design processes
• Work with client and other standards to implement design
• Prepare design drawings suitable for use in installing equipment and constructing facilities
• Work with a designer/drafter to create the required drawings for each project
• Develop bill of materials for each project; use client standard software platforms for material procurement
• Perform periodic site inspections during construction
• Provide engineering support to crews and contractors during construction
• Prepare as-built record drawings of completed installations and construction
• Successful candidates must comply with quality control and safe work practices and maintain compliance with approved project scope, schedule and budget.
Required Education & Experience:
• B.S. in electrical engineering
• Entry-level to 1+ year of experience with either internships and coops, and/or course work with electric utility design
• Engineer-In-Training ("EIT") professional certification preferred, or goal to complete requirements within 6 months of hire date
• Ability to meet deadlines under pressure situations
• Team player who can work effectively in team environment
• Self-starter who work independently with minimal direction
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required when interfacing with clients and staff
• Detail oriented with attention to quality
• Strong analytical skills and proven problem solver in both team and independent environments
• High level of computer competency
• Willingness to travel to project and/or client sites
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.