Leidos is seeking Cyber Security Engineer that would like to learn Cyber Network Defense (CND) tool support. In this role, you would gain knowledge of one or more CND tools and then perform technical work on the DoD’s JRSS (Joint Regional Security Stack) deployment activities. JRSS is a multi-year, global effort to improve the DoD’s security posture and provide enhanced security capabilities and analytics by centralizing and virtualizing network security into regional stacks rather than locally distributed appliances.
Who You Are:
You do not need to be an expert in CND tools, but should have significant experience with network communications, data security appliances, and Unix/Linux with a desire to learn CND skills. You will have the chance to work on cutting edge security tools while improving the DoD security posture. If you want to grow in your career and move into Cyber Security, this position is perfect for you.
What You Will Do:
- Install and configure CND tools (IPS, IDS, etc.)
- Provide Support to CND tools deployed in the stacks
- Assist with initial configuration, troubleshooting, and support on one or more tools.
- Monitor the tools to insure proper operations and performance
- Implement security engineering designs in CND tools
- Validate proper functioning of cyber security tools
- Configure CND tools to report to network monitoring tools via Syslog
- Troubleshoot basic tool issues
- Test new code versions and upgrades in the DISA lab prior to deployment to production
- Assist with writing training documents, work instructions, and engineering plans
What You Need To Be Successful in This Position:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 4+ years of experience or Master's degree with 2+ years of experience
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP communications and networking
- Experience in network security principles and practices
- Knowledge of routers, switches and other network equipment
- Willingness and ability to learn new tools and techniques via on the job training (OJT) or classroom training
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work as part of an integrated team to find solutions and implement fixes
- Ability to work with other JRSS teams that perform life cycle O&M on the tools
- Familiarity with the MS Office tool suite.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and the ability to appropriately present highly technical material to both technical and non-technical audiences
- U.S. citizenship and an active DoD Secret clearance is required. In addition, must be able to successfully obtain up to Top Secret based on requirements from the customer and program.
- DoD 8570 IAT2 certification is required
Even Better if You Have:
- Experience with firewalls or other network security appliances
- Knowledge of WireShark, Snort, or other troubleshooting tools
- Knowledge of Linux and/or Unix
- At Leidos, culture in not just what we do—it’s how we do it. Our people, our environment and our values make all the difference.
- People: Our 36,000 employees help define who we are and what we stand for as a business. We have smart, friendly employees who are committed to working collaboratively to serve our customers. With diverse and complementary skillsets, backgrounds and experiences we take pride in our work, and in wearing our purple.
- Environment: We have an inclusive and engaged work environment that is fast-paced, casual and highly flexible. We work where and when is required to get the job done, in keeping with project and customer requirements. Our work environments are certainly not hierarchical, so is talking to your boss’ boss is encouraged.
- Values: What we believe is the foundation of everything we do. We have strong values—integrity, innovation, agility, collaboration and commitment—that are a way of life. It simply comes down to this: we believe in doing the right thing always, for each other, our customers, and our stakeholders.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.