The Defense Group of Leidos has a career opening for a Help Desk Specialist–Senior at MacDill AFB, FL.
Supports the Joint Communications Support Element (JCSE), providing installation, operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, administration and cybersecurity defense of data and applications hosted in the JCSE data center on both classified/unclassified systems in a native or virtualized operating environment. Core IT Service Desk support peak hours will be conducted from 0600 – 1800 Easter Standard/Daylight Time (EST/EDT) Monday through Friday.
- Provide system administration processing account reset, establish new account, and allowing user permissions to applications, schedule VTC, setup VTC, and services.
- Assist the government with providing system, network, and database administration of the JCSE enterprise infrastructure applying cybersecurity patches, perform software upgrades/updates, applying updated hardware images, routine VM backups, tracking storage capacity/utilization, provision new virtual servers, provision new virtual machines, monitor replication between HQ and COOP sites, monitor enterprise applications (APP Volumes, SharePoint, DefenseReady, MS Office Suite, FileServer) for continued operations, monitor enterprise services (ex. Voice, CRL, Anyconnect VPN, Automated Data Processing Equipment [ADPE]) for continued operations, monitor application performance, monitor services performance, monitor virtual desktop infrastructure, and provide weekly reports on the health and status of the DC applications and services. Will escalate unresolved issues to the Tier 3 support team when required.
- Provide support for new employees setting up ADPE (ex. Monitors, keyboard, mouse, VDI, laptop, phone, printer, VTC suite), ensuring network connectivity, and any unresolved account administration providing access to the necessary websites, applications, or services.
- CCNA - Cisco Certified Network Associate
- MCSA - Microsoft Certified Software Associate
- DoD 8570, IAT Level II (SEC+ or equivalent) Certification.
- BS with 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience. Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum Secret clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.