Leidos is looking for a strategic-thinking, creative, and experienced Communications Manager to support our Communications Services contract with the Office of Justice Programs (OJP), U.S. Department of Justice. The Communications Manager will support OJP’s Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP) and oversee the work activities of various communications functions such as content development and production, marketing, networking and outreach, and conferencing.
The Communications Manager works directly with clients to develop objectives, ideas, and requirements. They will provide strategic direction and consult with clients to ensure communications are effective and align with the clients’ goals. The Communications Manager will liaison with OJJDP staff, researchers, and subject matter experts. A successful candidate will stays abreast of industry standards and best practices in digital communications and will recommend innovations.
Please note: This position is Remote/Virtual, but one must be in the Washington, DC area.
- Leading the coordination and management of project work with the client.
- Planning, directing and monitoring the work of team members.
- Identifying and assigning staff for projects while managing project issues and roadblocks.
- Overseeing all aspects of performance including tracking budgets, schedules, deliverables and contractual compliance.
- Reviewing completed work for style, accuracy, and effectiveness for target audiences.
- Overseeing the creation, maintenance and updating of procedures, style guides, branding guidelines, and templates.
- Ensuring consistency in the creative process and implementing workflow efficiencies.
- Providing direction on projects from inception through completion.
- Serving as the Government’s primary point of contact for all support provided to the project.
- 5 years directly relevant supervisory OR management experience involving frequent and time-critical needs in the marketing, media, and public information service areas.
- Requires experience in managing projects with specific results and deadlines.
- Must demonstrate superior oral and writing skills as well as outstanding analytic and problem-solving abilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, OR related field and 5+ years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain Public Trust security clearance.
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs including those that:
- Power homes and businesses
- Guide air traffic
- Streamline tax returns
- Protect digital footprints
- Contain environmental incidents
- Heighten port security
- Enable scientific discovery
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Public Media Relations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.