Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don’t want to overlook. We know once you join our team, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
As a Regional Systems Administrator, you will work closely with both on-site and remote users to coordinate site visits and upgrades, provide on-site and remote resolution support for trouble calls, and provide TIER 2/3 support of production systems.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- Systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks. Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions.
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems and management of system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Install/load operating system and application software
- Isolate and resolve hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof
- Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems including the transition and migration of corporate systems.
- Support requirements for managing installation, configuration and maintenance of Unix/Windows workstations and servers, including Web servers, network attached storage devices, and stored data in support of business processing requirements
- Perform software installations and upgrades to Unix/Windows operating systems and layered software packages and maintains them in accordance with established policies, procedures and service level agreements; evaluation and installation of software/hardware patches and resolution of software related problems associated with COTS/GOTS products
- Assist with achieving optimum performance and availability standards through implementing appropriate technical solutions.
- Attend meetings weekly and provide status reports.
- Resolve a wide range of system issues, troubleshooting software, hardware, diagnosis of network issues, and addressing trouble tickets and service tasks across all tiered levels.
- Attend Authorized Outage, Firewall Change Request, and Root Cause Analysis Boards as required
- Create and follow procedures to maintain and manage multiple linked databases including security, data safety and integrity, disaster recovery, and bulk data import/exports.
- Conduct routine and emergency maintenance of assigned data center equipment
- Communicate/coordinate scheduled preventive maintenance windows with potentially impacted customers
- Collaborate and contribute to the development, administration, and testing of backup and recovery plans
- Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation
- Ensure systems are secure to STIG guidelines by utilizing tools such as Retina and HBSS
- Maintain operational, configuration, and other standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Verify system availability with existing Enterprise tools
- Serve in a supervisory capacity overseeing a team of technicians if required
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 8 years relevant experience, additional relevant experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must have Security+ certification within 90 days of hire
- TS/SCI and Q Clearance REQUIRED
Relevant work experience includes:
- UNIX, Windows, and/or Storage administration
- Experience working with trouble reporting and tracking systems such as REMEDY
- Experience supporting the IC/DOD
THINGS THAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT:
- Experience in the imagery intelligence domain a plus
- Ability to create and modify scripts in multiple disciplines on Windows, Linux, and Solaris systems
- Ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities is required.
- Ability to respond to after hour calls “provide on-call support”
- Must possess strong problem solving and fault isolation skill sets
- Knowledge of the Customer’s processes and procedures and of the Customer’s production systems a plus
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to function as a team member and independently
- Ability to travel 0-20% to local area sites as well as other locations with similar architecture/footprint.
- Prefer skills in one or more of the following: Window Server, Red Hat, IRIX, Solaris, Sybase, Informix, SQL, and Imagery Production Chain
- Ability to lift or move various pieces of computer equipment, (max 40 pounds).
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- General knowledge of database administration, network administration and possess network configuration management skills.
SPECIAL DEMANDS YOU SHOULD BE AWARE OF:
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
"External Referral Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.