The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer to provide leadership on a mission-critical program supporting the Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) within Customs and Border Protection (CBP). PSPD supports the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and CBP critical missions, specifically screening and processing travelers at the ports of entry (POEs) into the United States. All work will be performed on site at DHS offices in Northern Virginia. Some travel between local DHS sites may be required.
- Monitor and tune system to achieve optimum performance levels
- Migrate the application to a Continuous Integration / Continuous Development (CI/CD) pipeline.
- Run SonarQube reports and address blockers, critical and major issues, and code vulnerabilities
- Develop Junit tests to support code coverage as part of the CI / CD pipeline
- Support system integration testing and address defects
- Share best practices with a focus on re-use of application code
- Be able to manage multiple assignments, changing priorities, and work independently with little oversight.
- Participate in the agile ceremonies and interface with the agile team(s) and other program staff as required.
- Communicate effectively in written and verbal communication coupled with strong listening skills
- Provide deployment and occasional off hours support
- U.S. Citizenship
- 9+ Years related experience with a Bachelors in Science
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and able to obtain a DHS security clearance.
- Experience developing using one or more of the following technologies: Java / JEE / Enterprise Java solutions; Java frameworks, including Spring, JSF, and Hibernate; Oracle or equivalent relational database technologies; and/or Web Application hosting on WebLogic and Tomcat.
- Experience developing and consuming SOAP and/or REST web services
- Active DHS or DoD Top Secret Clearance
- Experience with IBM MQ, Kafka, MDB, JMS and other messaging technologies
- Experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL, NoSQL, and/or Cassandra a plus
- Experience working with and migrating applications to Spring Boot
- Experience migrating application to AWS cloud. AWS certifications are a plus
- Experience with the Eclipse or other Java Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- Knowledgeable with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) practices and tools; Certification in Agile delivery (e.g., SAFe Agilist)
- CSM, PSM, PMI-ACP) is especially desirable
- Experience with JIRA/Confluence
- Experience with Test Driven Development a plus
- Experience deploying and maintaining national-security applications in a 24/7 environment.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.