The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is looking for a Operations Manager to provide leadership on a mission-critical program supporting the Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) within Customs and Border Protection (CBP). PSPD supports the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and CBP critical missions, specifically screening and processing travelers at the ports of entry (POEs) into the United States.
The operations manager monitors TPVS applications and services deployed in production, monitors current state and performance, and identifies issues. The Operations Manager monitors changes and coordinates application deployment into operations.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the Operations Manager include but not limited to the following:
- Technical leadership of projects with skills in coordination, trouble shooting, identification of issues, risks, and schedules including managing Agile/Kanban application teams
- Strong mix of communications skills and hands on technical trouble shooting to support application issues and application of preventative measures.
- Demonstrated strong understanding of tools and automation frameworks
- Familiar with Middleware and infrastructure tools (e.g. IBM WebLogic servers, IBM MQ, Oracle Forms, My Batis SQL queries, load balancers, Directory services, and Authentication services)
- Deep knowledge of CI/CD practices, automation methodologies and log management solutions.
- Good understanding of multiple security concepts and experience successfully building security controls into a DevOps environment.
- Communication with internal team members and with external customers to communicate preventative measures, status, updates on risks and schedules
- Chair operational status meetings, preparation of the agenda, updates, status, distribution of updated meeting notes
- Requires ability to communicate with executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project.
- Has in-depth understanding of technical principles, theories, concepts and their application across range of programs.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in a technical discipline with 8-10 years of relevant experience or Master's degree with 8 years of relevant experience
- Experience in systems automation, virtualization, orchestration, continuous integration, deployment, and implementation.
- Experience installing and configuring on infrastructure, scripting for process automation, setting up and managing cloud and container orchestration and experience managing support systems. Skills in infrastructure automation tools, for example, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Salt is a plus
- Experience in scaling distributed data systems, deploying and managing software in production environment and container-based service deployment using Docker and Ansible and ability to use various open source technologies.
- Demonstrated experience with automated testing tools in a Secure DevOps and Test Driven Development (TDD) or Behavior Driven Development (BDD) environment, using tools such as such as Junit, Cucumber, Selenium, SonarQube, and Fortify
- Understanding of firewall rules, networking configurations and access
- Minimum 8 years Project leadership/management and oversight of complex IT projects
- Minimum 5 years system configuration with Java applications, LINUX servers, Windows servers
- Minimum 5 years of enterprise level system and application trouble shooting for Database applications, Web applications, and client/server applications
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to clearly articulate key technical concepts and ideas.
- Ability to work well in a team environment spanning multiple locations.
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- US Citizen or US Person with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Software development and/or test experience is a plus
- Experience with large-scale datacenter applications Cloud Computing experience with AWS, and/or Azure, and VM Ware
- Scrum Master certification
- ITIL v3 Foundation or higher training
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.