This position will support the development, integration, and test of automated technologies in the customer secure environment for Enterprise, Joint, and Tactical activities.
- Candidate will provide architecture and design work as well as hands-on lab integration and test in a Research & Development environment.
- Provide expert, independent systems engineering services and leadership in specialized technical areas.
- Provide expertise on as-needed basis to all tack assignments.
- Coordinates with contractor and Government management to ensure that the task have been properly defined and that proposed solution(s) meet Government requirements.
- Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Eight (8) or more year’s progressive experience performing electronics, systems, software engineering activities.
- Demonstrated experience working programing methods and implementation of large scale automated information systems.
- DIY mentality with emphasis on research and development and learning new technologies within a Digital System focus
- Experience with Embedded systems (Raspberry Pi, Arduino, etc.)
- Software development (small scale/hobby level) in python or golang (GO).
- Knowledge/experience with Solar Powered systems and Li-Ion battery technologies
- Electronics/circuit experience in design, fabrication, troubleshooting and repair of electronic devices/systems
- Possess excellent oral and written communications skills to clearly convey issues and ideas to the customer lead, team, and management
- Basic Radio Frequency (RF) Systems knowledge
- Basic Wireless Networking knowledge
- Familiarity/experience working in an Agile development methodology environment
- Familiarity with technical and policy direction and challenges deploying autonomous systems
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.