The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is looking for an Infrastructure Manager to provide leadership on a mission-critical program supporting the Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) within Customs and Border Protection (CBP). PSPD supports the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and CBP critical missions, specifically screening and processing travelers at the ports of entry (POEs) into the United States.
The Infrastructure Manager will have proven experience in implementation and management of both on premise and cloud-based infrastructures. Key support will include oversight of operational metrics, KPI’s and SLA’s to provide real-time situational awareness of the program and 50+ applications performance.
- Coordinates with CBP portfolio Directorate leadership that oversees the 24/7/365 mission critical data center, enterprise service desk, and network/ telecommunication infrastructure operations to ensure operations readiness for the PSPD systems
- Collect, analyze, and report on key performance indicators to identify trends, relations, and patterns to improve performance and availability of services.
- Own and drive the end-to-end DevOps automation effort with an infrastructure-as-code mindset.
- Ensure SLA compliance across the organization
- Oversee all IT assets and maintain an accurate and comprehensive enterprise asset inventory
- Oversee access, event, problem, and incident management; change control; and DR process
- Lead the investigation of Infrastructure service interruptions or outages and play crucial role in root cause analysis and provide solutions for improvement.
- Tracks security compliance for production systems through patching and configuration control
- Manage and integrate the services of subcontractors and vendors
- Support program reviews and briefings; identify and report on issues or related problems and potential risks.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, engineering or related field
- 10+ years as an IT infrastructure technical lead or architect responsible for large scale infrastructure and cloud transformation programs
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in the management and operation of large-scale, enterprise IT and telecommunication services
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience managing the operations and maintenance of multiple physical data centers, virtual and cloud infrastructures
- Solid understanding of operating systems, Software Defined Data Centers, virtualization hypervisors, datacenter compute & storage hardware
- Demonstrated experience in developing cloud technology roadmaps and strategies
- Demonstrated track record of effectively managing infrastructure teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in IT, Engineering, or related field
- ITIL v3 or v4 Foundation certification
- At least one relevant vendor operating system, networking, and cloud certification, e.g., CCNA, AWS, VMWare, Linux, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in ITIL, ISO 20000 / ISO 27001 implementations
- Demonstrated experience in Secure DevOps/Agile concepts and processes
- Demonstrated experience with server virtualization technologies such as VMware, and Citrix
- Demonstrated experience with operating systems such as Windows Server and Linux
- Demonstrated experience with software configuration management tools
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.