The Aviation Maintenance and Integration Division (AMID) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Logistics Specialist to work in Manassas, Virginia. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience in advancing the AMID's growing capability.
The job of the Logistics Specialist is to report to the Division Logistics Manager on all logistics-related matters related to the assigned program. In this role you will work with engineers, mechanics, program directors, and material planners on parts/equipment availability, material procurement, schedule planning, as well as inventory planning.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Independently manages material procurement via Bill of Material (BOM) for the assigned program.
- Interacts daily with material planners, buyers, and vendors to ensure all material is ordered accurately and in a timely fashion to meet project need dates.
- Works with engineers and mechanics to resolve BOM discrepancies to ensure the accuracy of all material ordering (Part number discrepancies, quantities, delivery dates, etc.).
- Provides weekly status reporting to senior management.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations regarding export-controlled Information and Technology and shall not use, distribute, transfer or transmit Technology (even if incorporated into products, software or other information) except in compliance with such laws and regulations, including all International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) requirements.
- Maintains accurate and current chain of custody documentation to track turnover/possession.
- Conduct shipping and receiving of items as needed by the program.
- All other duties as directed by the Logistics Manager.
- Highs school diploma and minimum of three (3) years of related experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience with shipping and receiving
- Familiarity with purchasing requirements
- Experience with these carriers is a must (Federal Express, United Parcel Service (UPS) or other premium carrier for Grounding condition items and items of special priority
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance.
- Prefer four (4) or more years of experience
- Proficient in all MS Office applications
- Familiar with Leidos Purchasing Procedures
- Familiarity and expertise in Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.