Leidos is seeking an experienced Payload Integration Engineer with a TS/SCI clearance for a program in Chantilly, VA.
The Payload Integration Engineer will apply knowledge and experience for research, design, and development of intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) systems for advanced technology platforms. You will be working as an integral member of a government/contractor team in support of ongoing and future programs. As a Payload Integration Engineer, you will work on all aspects of ISR system hardware - design, analysis, integration and testing.
· Bachelor of Science degree and approximately 8 years of relevant experience
· At least four (4) or more years of recent engineering experience in the following areas: RF communication, signal processing, radar, modeling and simulation, or similar fields
· A thorough knowledge of high frequency through microwave radio frequency transmitting, receiving, and radio-wave propagation methods and systems
· Demonstrated knowledge of engineering principles and practices
· Active TS/SCI security clearance is required to be considered for this position. An active TS/SCI with polygraph is highly desired
· Experience working independently or as a member of a multidisciplinary design and development team that may include engineers and technicians
· Significant verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment; present and explain technical information to colleagues, management or sponsors
· Master of Science degree in electrical engineering, physics, computer science, mathematics or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
· Experience designing integrated systems using numerous types of electronic or mechanical components for system interoperability
· Subject matter expert knowledge of advanced system concepts related to aerospace and/or spacecraft
· Aerospace and/or spacecraft engineering experience with designing, assembling or testing applicable hardware
· Proficient using modeling, design or development tools (e.g. MATLAB, Mathmatica, Simulink, or languages such as C/C++, Java, Python, etc.) to support system design, analysis, and continuing throughout development and later life-cycle phases
· Experience supporting operations
· Experience investigating and documenting existing system architectures
· Professional Engineering registration is desired
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.