Systems Engineer is needed to support a critical program that specializes in data repositories. The Group is developing and maintaining leading-edge technologies (e.g., widgets, non-relational databases) in support of a high priority customer to provide critical support. Members of the Group predominately work within Agile teams, designing, developing, testing, and maintaining software and hardware. Developers, software engineers, administrators and tools developers could: assist in the installation and integration of commercial software into sponsors framework, develop custom extensions and integration points for commercial software, be responsible for development of unit tests and build/deployment scripts, participate in project/program team reviews, maintain servers or identify potential environmental impacts on systems. Team members will work with other project personnel to resolve technical problems, ensure developed applications and systems transition to customers in a timely manner, assess system designs to validate them against expected technical parameters, identify hardware and applications needed to complete the development process, and support deployed systems independently or under only general direction.
- Work as a Systems Engineer in a collaborative team-focused SecDevOps environment.
- Candidate will design, build, maintain, and support Infrastructure servers located On Premise and in a cloud environment.
- Provide expert support for troubleshooting of server issues.
- Must be familiar with the following technology suites
- Management: VMWare
- Applications: Python, Java, Bash Scripting, Customer built applications
- App Frameworks and tools: Kibana, Amazon Web Services, Puppet, Maven,GIT
- Infrastructure: AWS Cloud Computing Environment, Windows 2016, CentOS 7
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 4+ years’ experience OR 4 years additional experience in lieu of degree.
- Must have a TS/SCI with Poly
- Experience with scripting
- Experience with developing and deploying software apps in a Linux environment
- Hands-on experience working with VMWare, Windows Desktops/Servers, Linux Desktops/Servers
- Experience with virtual server environments
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.