Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don’t want to overlook. We know once you join our team, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
The ITEMS UFS program is looking for a talented Strategic Communications Specialist with strong written and verbal communications skills to support its Strategic Communications team. The position entails producing high-quality documentation with a heavy focus on program-related messaging vehicles and artifacts. The selected candidate must be both driven and willing to learn and grow along with evolving programmatic changes.
- Assist with writing targeted messaging (e.g., Executive Communications, Employee Communications, Technical Program Communications
- Program Newsletters
- Gather, write, and disseminate both technical and non-technical information with adherence to standardized English grammar, style, and formatting techniques (also specific to customer requirements)
- Develop content and work with staff members, SMEs to develop/create content for print, web, and other vehicles for targeted communications across various platforms and audiences
- Gather and research graphics and imagery for multi-dimensional messaging
- Conduct research and update repositories, as necessary
- Attend ad-hoc meetings and events when required
- Produce high-quality, messaging, documentation and other artifacts, based on business need
- Write strategic, clear, and concise copy with the ability to adapt to specific and targeted audience
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, or related discipline and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or a Master's degree and 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
- TS/SCI CI Poly
- Proficient organizational skills
- Excellent time-management
- Impeccable verbal and written communications skills
- Critical thinking and sound judgement
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to collaborate and work individually
- Solid working knowledge of MicroSoft Office Suite, with ability to manipulate charts, images, etc.
- Recent work/writing samples
• Some Graphics Artist Experience (Nice to Have
"External Referral Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Internal Communications
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.