We are seeking qualified candidates for a Software Licensing Engineer for multiple openings supporting our government customer in their state of the art facility in Springfield, VA. Let us know you are interested in knowing more and our Talent Acquisition team will connect you with your PERFECT position. APPLY TODAY to learn more Leidos opportunities.
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don’t want to overlook.
The Senior Engineer will work managing FlexNet Manager Suite (FNMS) systems to ensure that software licenses are managed and tracked effectively. Experience working as a Windows Server Administrator, License Server Administration, scripting with PowerShell , and/or Flexera FlexNet Manager Suite (FNMS) is desired. Responsibilities include designing, implementing, and supporting the maintenance of Flexera based license management solutions and ensuring Enterprise systems such as SCCM feed software inventory and usage data to Flexera FlexNet Manager Suite (FNMS)
The System Engineer is responsible for developing updates, changes, fixes, and new capabilities as well as troubleshooting issues that cannot be resolved within Operations. The Systems Engineer is also responsible for documenting the build-to specifications and configuration and installation guidance to support system build. The System Engineer is also responsible for engaging with vendors and service providers to stay knowledgeable in new technological advances, and for developing plans for including those advancements in new changes to the system.
• Develop, test, review, and document the instructions to deploy patches, updates, hot-fixes, and upgrades to virtual machines and servers.
• Evaluate and diagnose application and software issues.
• Troubleshoot problems and provide customer support for software operating system and application issues.
• Responsible for developing, testing, and documenting new releases, or changes to the system.
• Develop scripts, code, or other automated solutions to orchestrate the feed of data into the software management system.
• Develop professional, clear, concise documentation that defines the technical characteristics and build-to instructions for deploying new capability releases.
• Write/update technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
• System experience with: Windows Server Administration, PowerShell Scripting, Microsoft SQL Server, and SQL Scripting.
• Experience with virtual machine technology and hosting systems on datacenter infrastructure.
• Experience working with Group Policy and Active Directory.
• Microsoft Certification
• Experience with License Management Solutions such as Flexera, Aspera, Eracent, or Snow Software.
• Experience working with Configuration Management or IT Service Management applications like BMC Remedy or ServiceNow.
Education & Experience:
Requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
"Referral Bonus Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.