The Mission Solutions Operation (MSO) is seeking a Strategic Resource Project Manager (PM) to manage strategic staffing, proposal and technical support across the organization. Work location is Chantilly VA with potential local travel to customer and Leidos sites in the Northern Virginia area.
As part of the MSO management team, the ideal candidate will lead staffing efforts during capture, proposal and execution of programs with a focus on technical expertise. S/He will provide communications and guidance to the organization to ensure MSO compliance. The candidate will interface with senior management, task and functional leaders, and corporate functional teams (Business Development, Project Finance, Human Resources, Contracts, Procurement, etc) regularly. S/He may be asked to contribute to capture and proposal efforts in other various roles, including as a SME, proposal writer and review team member. There may also be ad hoc assignments relating to employee workforce engagement, training and other miscellaneous items in support of MSO.
- Serve as SME for labor categories, labor mix, market trends, and strategic staffing efforts across all MSO programs.
- Advise and counsel MSO senior leadership on staffing strategies, procedures and employee engagement.
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition, Human Resources, Redeployment and subcontract teams across the enterprise to staff positions on MSO contracts.
- Support proposal efforts as needed by identifying hard-to-find talent.
- Develop, monitor and adjust staffing processes and workflow based on specific program needs, statement of work and customer feedback.
- Manage day-to-day staffing on large MSO programs as needed, including interviewing, developing salary strategy and managing offers.
- Serve as primary POC for MSO redeployment efforts.
- Develop and implement effective retention programs on MSO programs.
- Organize and oversee systems for effective maintenance of candidates, staffing requirements and submission data for programs.
- Identify potential risk areas, support development of mitigation strategies and monitor closure of identified risks.
- Tailor processes for efficient execution of MSO programs.
Required Education, Skills, Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and 12+ years OR Master's and 10+ years of experience working on relevant projects or programs, with at least 2 years serving successfully managing projects and/or leading teams.
- Strong communication skills, especially in writing.
- Ability to collaborate and coordinate across multi-functional teams.
- Ability to excel working under tight deadlines.
- Ability to execute job requirements independently and in team environments.
- Ability to interface with all levels of customer and Leidos personnel/management.
- Must be able to support critical surge and/or proposal requirements on weekends or evenings as necessary.
Clearance: Must possess current TS/SCI clearance.
- Master’s Degree
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.