Description: Leidos is seeking a Software Engineer - JAVA in Oklahoma City, OK. As a Software Engineer, you will assist with sustainment, modification, and implementation of the USAF’s Comprehensive Engine Management System (CEMS).
The Software Engineer will assist with Java software development and software testing by leveraging existing and continuing experience to sustain, maintain, test, and upgrade system capability. The Software Engineer will assist in the evaluation of system operational design, system integration, and hardware configurations in accordance with applicable DoD and Air Force standards and policies.
Provide software testing services in support of software changes derived from system / software upgrades and security report findings (based upon recommended priority) in the new development, as well as conducting continuous assessment of the new code developed.
Communicates with internal and client project team members.
Requires deep understanding of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of technical domain and has broad understanding of other related specialty areas. Requires Java development experience, ideally with java web services and security implementations.
• Active Security+ certification required at date of hire. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. Citizenship is required.
• Experience working in a Windows OS.
• BA/BS in field of Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field, and 4-6 years total work experience (or less than 2 years with MS degree). Four years of related experience can be substituted for the degree.
• Experience with Software Engineering tasks such as installing/managing/troubleshooting Application Servers, Java Message Service (MQ) in Government Environments
• Experience with developing applications to Government Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIG) requirements
• Experience with developing detailed designs, optimizing code for performance and reliability, conforming to coding standards and continuous integration
• Experience managing overlapping efforts impacting same function.
• 2+ years of experience Linux or Windows OS system administration.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Cloud experience.
• Ability to effectively present technical information to reviewers in oral and written formats.
• Works independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results or project deliverables.
• Responsible for entire projects or processes within a technical area.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.