Leidos, Vista, CA is seeking a Technical Writer with expertise in developing Training Materials, Curriculum, and Technical Documentation. The candidate will produce high-quality documentation and training materials for VACIS, Reveal, and other Leidos X-ray scanning technology products. The candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing training content directed at developing competencies, technical skills, and increased understanding of a wide variety of coursework and training resource materials. The candidate will also be responsible for documenting detailed operating procedures and system maintenance tasks associated with complex systems. Duties may include collaborating with other functional managers and subject matter experts to ensure that course materials reflect current best practices and processes.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of documentation, including operator manuals, maintenance manuals, PowerPoint Slides, Job Aids, and Exercise Manuals.
- Organize material and complete writing assignments in a timely manner with attention to detail, according to set standards.
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
- Review and revise documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Proofread, edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers.
- Translate technical and/or complicated information into clear, concise documents appropriate for various target audiences.
- Competency with documentation storage applications and various HW and SW technologies.
Required Experience & Education:
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 4+ years of professional experience. High School diploma with an additional 4 years’ experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Proven experience working in a technical writing position.
- Strong technical writing skills (clear, concise, and complete manner).
- Strong grammar skills (grammar, punctuation, spelling, usage).
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and contribute successfully within a team structure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Powerpoint.
Desired Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Instructional Design ideal.
- Technical familiarization with VACIS and Reveal technology is beneficial to immediate productivity.
- Self-direction, flexibility, and an eagerness to learn.
- Proven experience making technical content accessible to audiences with mixed levels of expertise.
- Ability to learn highly technical products quickly, using pre-release software and internal documentation.
- Proven experience working with subject matter experts and collaborating with internal and client project team members.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Curriculum Developer
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.