Leidos currently has an immediate opening for a Computer Graphics 3D Artist/Modeler, supporting multiple US Navy programs located Bethesda, MD. Leidos’ High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. We are looking for an energetic, motivated, independent, self starter for a challenging position supporting a dynamic organization that develops and produces state of the art training and simulation systems. This position requires US citizenship and an active DoD Secret security clearance is desired.
Candidate will develop 3D models used in state of the art, three dimensional visual simulations, including a submarine periscope simulation, a 360 degree submarine bridge simulation, surface ship visual simulations from multiple camera viewpoints, and VR simulations. These simulations are used in a variety of naval training and simulation systems. Models may include surface ships, aircraft, and ports/harbors including the docks, buildings, equipment, and surrounding environment visible from a transiting ship. Candidate will perform at least the following tasks:
- Create 3D models, apply texturing, and create 3d lighting environments
- Create animations for 3D models
- Work with computer programmers and subject matter experts to validate the realism of created models
Education and Years of Experience:
BA/BS degree, preferably related to computer science, computer animation, game design, or digital art, and 4+ years of related experience.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Must have past experience with, and demonstrate the skills and capabilities to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position
- Must be very familiar with Autodesk Maya and Adobe Photoshop. Knowledge of Presagis Creator, OpenSceneGraph, and Substance Painter is desired.
- Must be well organized, able to plan and prioritize assignments, able to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and able to deal with conflicting customer requirements.
- Must demonstrate a general commitment to excellence, a dedication to producing quality work results, and an ability to learn and apply new skills.
- Must be a flexible, positive and energetic team player, be able to work in a fast paced environment and adapt to changes in tasking, be able to work with minimal supervision, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, plan and prioritize personal tasking, effectively communicate verbally and in writing, and be able to work successfully in a team environment.
- Candidate must be able to acquire and maintain a DoD Secret level clearance prior to starting.
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- System administrator, Linux script development, or computer programming experience
- Familiarity with Jira, Confluence, Portfolio, or Service Desk
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Visual and Graphic Design
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.