The Defense Group at Leidos has a career opportunity for a non-secure Voice Specialist in support of the AFNCR IT Services program.
The AFNCR IT Services program provides support services for information systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and other locations, leased spaces, and alternate sites. The major support areas are: IT Operations and Maintenance; Plans, Projects, and Engineering (PP&E). The senior leaders and national defense missions that are supported require that the AFNCR operations never fail, resulting in a fast-paced, challenging, but also rewarding environment.
The Voice Staff will provide non-secure telephone capability and support by coordinating Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN), and Analog telephone telephone service requests and account management activities for all non-secure phone equipment. We work with the government and provide billing support and processing to the 844TH Communications Group, 844TH Communications squadron, and the Unit Resource Advisor’s (URA).
- Order Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), Integrated Services Digital Network ISDN, and Analog telephone services consisting of equipment installations, moves, adds, changes, fault isolation, limited external maintenance, equipment configuration, software updates, and customer training.
- Provide AFNCR telephone service program management and customer support capability.
- This individual will serve as a subject matter expert specific to non- secure voice/data/telecom as it relates to AFNCR.
- Provide telecommunications infrastructure equipment support to include PowerRack 300, NT1 cards, and cabling.
- Coordinate service requests and account management activities with regional telephone service providers.
- Submit and track requests for telephone services, associated non-secure telephone equipment, and telecommunication circuits.
- Responsible for fixing problems that are unclear as they are faced with dealing with issues from outside entities.
- Communicate with key contacts at Defense Information Systems Agency, specifically Joint service provider, and Verizon to deal with complex issues and other issues and concerns that may arise.
- Responsible for mentoring lower level staff specific to the voice/data/telecom group.
- Requires a High School Diploma and a minimum of 3+ years of experience.
- Additional training and/or years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with Verizon [email protected] tools.
- Currently possess an active DoD Secret security clearance.
- Must hold current A+ or Net+ Certification/s.
- Experience working in a military command or operations center, particularly an Air Force.
- Experience with Avaya, Polycom or Cisco equipment.
- Communications Focal Point (CFP).
- Knowledge of The Air Force, Pentagon, and/or AFNCR
- Experience working in the National Capital Region (The Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), and Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable discussing technical information with users and other support personnel.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as an integral member of a team.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.