Leidos has a career opportunity for a Senior Proposal Manager position within the Strategy & Business Development’s Capture Operations & Excellence Group located in Chantilly, VA or Columbia, MD.
This role is to support Competitive Proposal bids. Candidate will be responsible for leading and providing capture and proposal expertise to all Lines of Business, to include Defense, Intelligence, Civil, and Health. Expectations of successful candidate will include: Participation in proposal development team planning and execution, Reviewing Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements, Conducting analysis on RFP, and assessing strategy for responding to requirements. Additional requirements include performing all tasks related to the Leidos Win Plan; leading proposal teams, preparing support artifacts, and managing proposal development activities. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for assessing and ensuring compelling, complete, and compliant proposal responses reflect win strategy elements and align to evaluation factors and criteria. Some travel required.
- Lead and manage the overall proposal development process from Pre-Proposal Phase through Post Proposal Phase
- Lead and support proposals, including Corporate Priority Proposals
- Interpret technical and management requirements of Federal Government solicitations (e.g., RFPs, RTEPs, RFIs)
- Oversee/produce schedules, outlines, compliance matrices, proposal kickoffs, and technical solution sessions
- Ensure win strategy, technical solution, win themes, discriminators, compliance, and clear understanding of the requirements are well-articulated and consistent throughout final proposal documents
- Facilitate proposal reviews (e.g., AMU’s, Initial Draft, Red Team) and make ongoing recommendations to ensure compliance and increase proposal scorability
- Oversee development of high quality, high impact artwork and graphics for proposals
- Collaborate with executives, management teams, functional units, BD personnel, stakeholders, partners, and subject matter experts to provide proposal leadership, support, and overall direction
- Maintain tight, proactive communication with proposal and business unit leadership to ensure all necessary resources and activities are available to achieve a successful proposal submission
- Manage multiple proposal tasks with sometimes rapid turnaround deadlines
- Support other business development professionals (e.g., editorial support, volume management, review participation) when necessary as part of a team-first capture and proposal organization
- Support other Proposal Operations activities (e.g., content databases, SharePoint library management) as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 12+ years’ Federal Government proposal management, support, and/or writing experience
- Must have an active TS/SCI security clearance
- Understanding of, and experience with, the Federal procurement process and regulations (e.g. FAR)
- Evidence of a successful track record of high quality, high scoring proposals
- Excellent writing, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to work to meet deadlines (nights, weekends, and holidays at times)
- Ability to develop and/or assist technical and capture personnel in developing compelling themes, discriminators, and messaging
- Ability to work well both in a team and independently
- Up-to-date knowledge of marketing, editing, graphic design, and other relevant proposal best practices
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to manage geographically disparate teams
- Ability to create original content using interview and research techniques
- Fluency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and SharePoint
- Demonstrated experience in proposal writing covering all typical solicitation sections (e.g., Management, Technical, Staffing)
- Active Polygraph
- Experience supporting a wide variety of solicitation size, complexity, and submission window
- Considered a Subject Matter Expert in Proposal Management
- Government proposal management experience for IT solutions and services procurements
- Formal proposal training and/or relevant certifications (e.g., APMP, PMP)
- Ability to remain upbeat, positive, and constructive within a dynamic environment operating under high-pressure deadlines
- Confidence with additional proposal-relevant software, such as Project, On-Target, etc
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.