Work as a 2020 summer intern in Huntsville, AL to support unmanned vehicle projects related to computer vision and navigation software development for the Leidos Innovation Center (LInC). Work tasks include software algorithm development, simulation and analysis, and hardware/software integration. Our team primarily supports research and development as well as advanced prototyping for customers including DARPA, NASA, Air Force Research Laboratory, and Office of Naval Research. We are looking for enthusiastic candidates with good programming skills who are excited about working in the field of computer vision and navigation algorithm development.
* Support development and integration of various autonomous vehicle navigation algorithms, including Kalman filters and computer vision algorithms
* Develop and utilize simulation testbeds to support algorithm testing and assessment
* Support system data collections and field tests involving a variety of platforms, including pedestrians, unmanned ground vehicles, and unmanned air vehicles
(Note: Expertise in particular areas can compensate for lack of experience in others, as long as the candidate is excited to take on new tasks and learn new skills as needed)
* Working towards Bachelor’s or Graduate Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- Selected candidates will most likely be an upperclassmen or graduate student
- Selected candidates expected to have GPAs > 3.3
* Programming in MATLAB, Python, or C/C++
* Must be US citizen due to data restrictions associated with these projects
* Experience with the Robot Operating System (ROS) and the OpenCV computer vision library
* Experience developing on the Linux operating systems
* Experience with autonomous system development through school robotics competitions
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Intern Technical
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.