The Leidos Spatial Solutions team has an opening for an experienced GeoDatabase Engineer to work on cloud-based databases with a mission operations team. The team is involved in operation and sustainment of multiple operational cloud deployed geospatial solutions. A successful candidate will have experience with creating, configuring, and administering the enterprise baseline mission domain geodatabases used by viewers, editors and analysts
This position can be located in Gaithersburg, MD, Chantilly, VA or Alexandria, VA.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities will involve Troubleshooting geodatabase issues, replication issues, versioning issues, performance issues and be proactive at monitoring the health and overall enterprise database environment. Applicant will be able to assist with implementing and administering distributed data workflows to support external/disconnected production staff. Facilitate and execute the upgrade and/or migration of enterprise geodatabases. Regular tasks include, but are not limited to, performing enterprise geodatabase transactional version compressions for high volume production and dissemination databases; auditing data replication processes between production and dissemination databases across networks; manual handling and transfer of oversized bulk load change files; performing detailed diagnostics on transaction errors as reported in system logs; assisting Data Stewards with job related problems or questions; and troubleshooting database errors.
- Requires BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience; OR 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Experience in geodatabase adminstration
- Experience in AWS/Cloud technologies
- Understanding of RDS
- Understanding of SQL Technology
- Knowledge of Systems, Architectural, SW Development and SW Sustainment Practices
- Windows administration
- Proactive self-starter demonstrating a positive, willing attitude and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Organizational Skills: Can plan and prioritize work. Follows tasks to their logical conclusion and makes sure that everything has been done to the right standard. Good attention to detail.
- Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context.
- Must currently possess an active TS/SCI, with ability to obtain a Polygraph post hire
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Experience with ArcGIS/ESRI automation and deployments
- AWS Solutions Architect, AWS Developer, Certification(s)
- Security + Certification
- Experience with IC Cloud Architecture implementation methodologies
- Team Collaboration tools and administration (Jira, Confluence, Hipchat/RocketChat/Mattermost)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.