- The Enroute Charting Team on the NISC III contract is an Aeronautical Information team supporting the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). We are seeking a highly motivated individual to assist the Leidos Enroute Team as well as the FAA in creating and maintaining Enroute aeronautical charts supporting the National Airspace System (NAS). The analyst will be responsible for soliciting, acquiring, collecting, evaluating, compiling and selecting appropriate technical navigational and related operational data for inclusion in aeronautical products and publications. Typical assignments may include the following: developing, maintaining and revising aeronautical data contained in products/publications; ensuring appropriate application of Federal Aviation Regulations, specifications, standards and criteria; resolving data discrepancies and notifying manager of unresolved problems and work issues; analyzing, evaluating and verifying quality of printed products; establishing and maintaining effective communications with the aviation industry. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Learning aeronautical information and specifications
- Analyzing aeronautical source material (NFDDs, AIRACs, Transmittal Letters, etc.)
- Analyzing and charting airspace and air routes on FAA Enroute and controller charts
- Utilizing various software to maintain and produce charts
- Editing and updating Enroute relational geodatabases
- Interact with FAA Enroute team members and FAA management
- 8+ years of relatable experience
- Bachelor’s degree in geography or related discipline from an accredited college or university
- Knowledge of cartographic principals
- Familiar with Aeronautical terminology and the National Airspace system
- High Proficiency using ESRI ArcGIS to create cartographic products.
- Experience with Bentley Microstation or other CAD software
- Experienced user of ArcServer
- Scripting knowledge a plus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Geographic Information Systems
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.