Electronic Warfare (EW) Division, part of Leidos Innovations Center (LinC), is seeking to fill a Electronic Warfare Technical Director position in Arlington, VA. We are looking for a candidate with experience in the areas of business development, business capture including proposals, development of innovative EW technical concepts and solutions, and program execution. Eligible candidate will provide EW thought leadership with entrepreneurial mindset to work with our existing and new clients, developing and leading advanced solutions to emerging threats and challenges in radar-related EW. The successful candidate will need a sense of ownership of the full project lifecycle, performing:
• Pre-Proposal Business Development. Apply detailed understanding of EW markets, market trends, missions, emerging threats and advanced technology to network with the customer community and potential partners to develop insight into customer needs and positively project Leidos as a candidate solutions provider.
• Business Capture and Proposals: Develop differentiating and innovative technical concepts and solutions for advanced systems in radar-related EW, to include system architectures and frameworks hardware, real-time software, signal processing, integration and test. Prior to Request for Proposal, meet with client decision makers as often as necessary to gain insight into customer’s needs, describe our existing capabilities, help shape future opportunities, and describe our solutions. Provide hands on technical leadership during proposals.
• Program Execution: As part of the team, provide the necessary support through as required. Assist with transition of R&D technology to programs of record.
- Communicate with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
- Perform market research to qualify new business opportunities, including analysis of customer budgets, capabilities required, current customer preferences, competitive environment assessments, and incumbent strengths and weaknesses.
- Lead / support EW Strategy Development to include actions necessary to grow the business
- Pursue business opportunities through leadership business capture team various reviews, oversee development of technical solutions, lead proposal efforts, to include development of win themes and key differentiators
- Support program execution through attendance of customer meetings and oversight of technical work
- Provide help to transition science and technology / research and development programs to programs of record
- Interact routinely with LInC and Division leadership on matters related to strategy, business capture, proposals, and program execution
- Collaborate with Leidos operating Groups to develop differentiating EW technology
- M.S. Degree in engineering, physics, or related field from an accredited college/university
- Experienced EW expert with deep knowledge of radars
- 12+ years of relevant experience in managing S&T and Contract Research and Development type programs
- Demonstrated ability to develop advanced EW concepts for mission needs
- Experience successfully capturing and executing advanced EW programs
- Experience in leading and writing winning technical whitepapers and proposals
- Knowledge of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) principles
- Excellent Communications skills, both written and verbal
- Secret Security Clearance or above. Ability to get receive top secret, special access or SCI clearance.
- Ph.D. Degree in engineering, physics, or related field from an accredited college/university
- Experienced EW expert with deep knowledge of radars
- 16+ years of relevant experience in managing S&T and Contract Research and Development type programs
- Demonstrated ability to develop advanced EW concepts for mission needs and transition them to programs of record
- Experience successfully capturing and executing advanced EW programs greater than $50M
- Experience in leading and writing winning technical whitepapers and proposals for DARPA, IARPA, ONR, AFRL, ARL
- Knowledge of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) principles and experience with applying them to signal processing in electromagnetic spectrum
- Excellent Communications skills, both written and verbal, with substantial experience in briefing influential customers and corporate management up to and including Chief Executive Officer
- Top Secret Security Clearance or above. Ability to get receive special access or SCI clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Top Management ENG
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.