Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don’t want to overlook.
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
This position is an IT Systems Architect/Team Lead working on the Service Strategy Team under the direction of the Chief Architect. The primary responsibility for this role is managing a small team of IT Engineers supporting the on-going maintenance of the User-Facing Services (UFS) Material Catalog. The team lead is responsible for tracking and managing engineer workloads, maintaining schedules, reviewing and approving trade studies, process improvement, and ensuring on-time delivery of team deliverables. This is a technical leadership position, the ideal candidate has experience with user-facing IT equipment and team leadership skills. The position reports to the Chief Architect and supports other technical and team administrative activities.
- Collaborates with customer representatives on the development new and emerging requirements
- Tracks product End-of-Life status and proactively identifies replacement devices
- Meets with product vendors and evaluating new hardware products
- Manages product trade studies
- Ensures timely delivery of contract CDRLS related to the Material Catalog
- Leads a team of IT Engineers specialized in user-facing IT equipment
- Managing the team work schedule and maintain content on the team SharePoint site.
- Run the Weekly Staff Meeting, set the agenda, tracks actions, and provide the Chief Architect (CA) with weekly reports.
- Prioritize work activities.
- Meet regularly with the customer to understand and develop requirements, provide team status, and collaborate on new technology.
- Review team deliverables, such as trade studies, providing quality check and feedback.
- Evaluate team member performance and provide feedback
- Meet with vendor representatives to learn about new products and services, identifies candidate products and technologies for evaluation
- Collaborates with other UFS Team Leads to identify process improvement opportunities.
- Assists the CA with Program deliverables, such as PMR slides.
Education & Experience:
- Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Generally has 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technology Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.