Works as a member of a government-contractor team to provide Feature Data and data review for various production tasks. Extracting Government spec feature data from imagery through the utilizing of standard GIS software and tools to include Collection, and review of hydrography, transportation, cultural, industrial, AAFIF/DVOF, and land cover Feature Data according to the Government standards. Candidate will Assess and provide Quality Control review of data in Government standard geospatial schemas (TDS, MGCP.) Position will require review of feature data for database integrity through the use of the Geospatial Analysis Integrity Tool (GAIT), Quality assurance Capability tool (QAC) and batch checks.
Cartographic Analyst (Feature Data Production) duties includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Collection, and review of hydrography, transportation, cultural, industrial, AAFIF/DVOF, and land cover Feature Data according to the Government standards.
- Assessment and Quality Control review of data in Government standard geospatial schemas (TDS, MGCP.) review of feature data for database integrity through the use of the Geospatial Analysis Integrity Tool (GAIT), Quality assurance Capability tool (QAC) and batch checks.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Requires a BA degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
- Must be willing and able to work 2nd Shift
- Active TS/SCI clearance required, with willingness to obtain a polygraph upon request
- Experience in geography, cartography and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) which includes skill in ArcGIS applications
- Experience in creating shapefiles, geo-databases, and features
- Knowledge of digital cartography, image processing, geographical information systems (GIS), geospatial production techniques and NGA digital data formats
- Ability to utilize geographic names information from the GNDB
- Ability to analyze imagery and non-imagery source information for application to NGA Feature Data products and databases
"Eligible External Referral"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.