The NISC III program within the Leidos Civil group is seeking a Database Architect to
collaborate with various IT Team members and related projects and programs for
the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
In this role you will assist other team members Capture business requirements and rules, design the associated logical models, and create all required documentation to support,
communicate, and validate the data model.
Specific duties for the position are as follows:
- Design, build and maintain the logical and physical data models to support the business requirements in a dynamic, expanding business environment.
- Map data elements of data sources into the domain data models.
- Maintain documentation of data models, including relationships, constraints and metadata.
- Publish and conduct model reviews with business and technical project teams.
- Review database design changes with the team to determine the impact to the physical database and other systems.
- Coordinate with development/implementation team to improve model formats and approaches with regard to implementation issues.
- Participate in performance tuning activities including partitioning strategies, indexing strategies, and SQL optimization
- Architect solutions with an eye toward high performance, scalability, and high availability.
TYPICAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Normally requires BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Additional years of related work experience may be substituted for a degree at the hiring manager's discretion.
- May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Experience modeling complex databases
- Experience designing and building large financial services data warehouses with very strong data analysis skills
- Knowledge of ER/Dimensional modeling and have extensive experience in developing logical and physical data models in complex, multi-application environments.
- Hands-on experience in data management, data warehousing, data transformation, metadata and reference data management and business intelligence tools.
- Experience with advanced SQL query techniques using TOAD, SQL Navigator.
- Significant experience with System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)Database Management,
- Data warehouse, metadata, BI:
- 12+ years' experience modeling complex databases
- Basic UNIX.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to work, unsupervised.
- Good communication and writing skills
- Ability to document and explain technical details and issues clearly to non-technical individuals
- Ability to clearly and concisely explain system concepts and problems.
- Good interpersonal skills.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.