The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is looking for a Chief Engineer to provide leadership on a mission-critical program supporting the Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) within Customs and Border Protection (CBP). PSPD supports the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and CBP critical missions, specifically screening and processing travelers at the ports of entry (POEs) into the United States.
The Chief Engineer is responsible all technical performance and will serve as the Leidos single point-of-contact with the program office for technical matters and issues. He/she will provide the planning, direction, coordination, and control necessary to accomplish all work requirements and task orders and manage and oversee all technical activities performed by contractor personnel, including subcontractors, to satisfy the contract requirements.
The Chief Engineer will lead the technical strategy, solution development, and execution of systems and infrastructure information technology (IT) and support services.
The Chief Engineer will provide comprehensive systems engineering oversight, analytical, and technical support services required to deliver a broad range of innovative IT solutions and professional services to modernize CBP/DHS legacy systems, protect their networks and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical and mission-support functions.
The successful Chief Engineer shall:
- Serve as the Leidos principle IT engineer to provide engineering expertise and guidance for the design, development, implementation, and sustainment of IT solutions that enhance overall system performance and availability
- Lead the research, analysis, solution design and implementation planning of IT solutions for the modernization of existing applications and strategies for migrating them to the cloud
- Drive strategic technological innovation, demonstrating a breadth and depth of knowledge in all things related to a complex matrixed Information Technology operations
- Provide technical knowledge and analysis of high-level functional systems analysis, design, and integration advice on complex matters that require expert level knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation
- U.S. Citizenship
- 15+ years' experience engineering and architecting enterprise IT solutions
- Demonstrated expertise in systems engineering, including requirements analysis and system architecture design
- Demonstrated experience leading design and implementation of complex IT solutions on a large Program (200M+).
- Demonstrated experience modernizing complex enterprise networks and legacy IT systems, including developing effective COOP/DR solutions
- Demonstrated experience in refactoring existing application architecture to Hybrid cloud platforms and deploy Hybrid Cloud solutions to integrate with on premise Applications.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing Secure DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment including core security tasks by embedding security audits, testing and processes early in the DevOps workflow
- Demonstrated experience using and managing a variety of open source technologies and cloud services, including the following:
- Public Cloud experience: Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform
- Kubernetes supporting enterprise solutions: Kubernetes platforms, Docker, Aqua, Twistlock
- Infrastructure/Configuration as code: Terraform, Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or related field
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or related field
- Demonstrated experience in network and cyber security design, engineering and operations with emphasis on DHS capabilities
- Experience with biometric technologies, especially facial recognition
- Experience with NIST SP 800 series or ISO 27000 series documents for information security management and risk assessment
- Demonstrated experience in large Oracle database migrations and implementation to open source database solutions
- Demonstrated experience in ITIL, ISO20000 / ISO27001 implementations
- At least one nationally recognized vendor certification
- Cloud Architect, DevOps or SysOps Associate or Professional Certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.