The Systems Engineer will perform the following types of tasking:
- Complete software development, automated testing, and documentation required to meet acceptance criteria for user stories
- Collaborate with a team of software engineers
- Identify and resolve software defects
- Assist senior staff in development of project artifacts including system documentation and presentations
- Shall identify and write user stories
- Bachelor's Degree and at least four (4) years of experience in the areas of web development, application development, software engineering, or software development
- Shall have experience with cloud technologies – preferably AWS – including computer, networking, storage, logging, container, and server-less services
- Shall have experience with continuous integration, deployment, and delivery techniques, tools, and related technologies such as build automation tools, CI servers, and containers
- Shall have experience in relevant technologies including relational databases, NoSQL databases, version control, and message brokers
- Preferred to have experience with Electronic Biometric Transmission Specification (EBTS)
- Preferred to possess a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Preferred to have experience in relevant practices including scaled agile, automated testing, automated provisioning, and everything as code
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.