The Systems Engineer will perform the following types of tasking:
- Collaborate with system architects to ensure architecture accommodates all business requirements
- Collaborate with system architects to provide cost-benefit analysis of architectural choices
- Collaborate with Scrum Master and Technical Writer to produce system documents
- Collaborate with Scrum Master and Technical Writer to develop epics, features, and user stories
- Collaborate with technical staff of varying levels from senior to junior staff
- Gather customer requirements and turn into actionable user stories
- Provide presentations on technical system to wide audience of technical and non-technical staff
- Provide analysis of complex interactions between STP data processing pipeline and external systems, identify design flaws, and propose business process and technical remedies
- Provide analysis of existing prototype software and business processes to ensure acceptance criteria is adequately capturing existing behaviors
- Required to have Release Train Engineer certification
- BS Degree
- Required to have eight (8) years of experience in the areas of systems engineering, systems analysis, systems design, requirements analysis, system testing, testing automation, systems architecture, or system development
- Shall have four (4) years of experience in the area of scaled agile, scrum, and related methodologies have experience presenting to audiences with technical and non-technical staff
Security Clearance Requirement
- An active Secret Clearance is required for this position.
- Preferred to possess a master’s degree in computer science or related field
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.