The DB Architect will perform the following types of tasking:
- Produce robust, scalable, performant, cost-effective database architecture(s)
- Produce database design diagrams and other reference artifacts
- Collaborate with senior staff to produce system architecture and design
- Collaborate with senior staff to develop epics, features, and user stories
- Collaborate with senior staff to produce system documentation
- Provide software engineering staff with database related guidance
- Maintain database schemas and designs in version control
- Collaborate with software engineers to provision databases through automated processes
- Collaborate with senior and junior technical staff
- BS degree and 8 years of experience in the areas of database design, data modeling, database optimization
- Shall have experience with design and implementation of relational and NoSQL database architectures
- Preferred to possess a master’s degree in computer science or related field
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.