The Systems Engineer will perform the following types of tasking:
- Provide technical leadership to team of software engineers
- Collaborate with senior staff to produce system architecture and design
- Collaborate with senior staff to develop epics, features, and user stories
- Collaborate with senior staff to produce system documentation
- Provide software engineers with guidance and direction
- Complete software development, automated testing, and documentation required to meet acceptance criteria for the most challenging user stories
- Identify and resolve the most challenging software defects
- Design advanced test cases such as integration / systems tests and performance / endurance tests
- Required to have a BS Degree and eight (8) years of experience in the areas of software engineering or software development
- Required to have eight (8) years of experience in the areas of scaled agile, automated testing, automated provisioning, infrastructure as code, and/or configuration as code.
- Required to have eight (8) years of experience in the areas of cloud technologies – preferably AWS – including computer, networking, storage, logging, container, and server-less services
- Required to have eight (8) years of experience in the areas of continuous integration, deployment, and delivery techniques, tools, and related technologies such as build automation tools, CI servers, containers and orchestrators, and configuration management
- Required to have eight (8) years of experience in the areas of relevant technologies including relational databases, NoSQL databases, version control, and message brokers
- Required to have experience with FBI Electronic Biometric Transmission Specification (EBTS) have experience presenting to audiences with technical and non-technical staff
- Preferred to possess a master’s degree in computer science or related field
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.