The IT SME will perform the following types of tasking:
- Engage with Government and Contractor project leadership to understand project goals, required functionality, and environmental constraints
- Provide top-level system architecture to Quoter staff
- Provide Government with cost-benefit analysis of architectural choices
- Produce infrastructure as code to create and provision resources and services locally and in the cloud
- Provide architectural guidance and expertise to software engineering staff
- Assist project leadership with development of project epics, features, and user stories
- Shall have AWS Solutions Architect certifications
- Requires BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Required to have ten (10) years of experience in the area of system architecture design
- Required to have ten (10) years of experience in the areas of software development or design
- Preferred to have four (4) years of experience in the area of cloud architecture – preferably with AWS services
- Preferred to have four (4) years of experience in the area of containerized design and orchestration
- Shall have experience performing cost-benefit analysis and optimizing architecture for cost-effectiveness
- Preferred to have ten (10) years of experience in the area of web application design including authentication, access control, logging, monitoring, distributed communication, horizontal-scaling, transactional-processing, model-view-controller (MVC) or similar design patterns, Representational State Transfer (REST) architectures, relational databases, and NoSQL databases.
- Shall have experience producing infrastructure as code, configuration as code, and continuous integration and deployment pipelines
Security Clearance Requirement
An active Secret clearance is required for this position
Preferred to possess a master’s degree in computer science or related field
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.