Leidos has an immediate opening for a NATO Special Operations Forces (SOF) exploitation subject matter expert (SME) and instructor. The successful candidate will work closely with other Leidos team members and the NATO Special Operations Headquarters (NSHQ) staff to analyze, develop, and implement courses and exercises related to NATO SOF Exploitation Operations from the tactical through operational levels. The successful candidate will analyze the needs, and understand the ever-changing landscape, of NATO’s SOF exploitation operation community and then develop and present high-quality solutions for intermediate and senior level personnel. The selected candidate will lead highly interactive training and education seminars and courses as well as support mobile training, exercises, develop doctrine, and other requirements. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to perform research to support curriculum development and build targeted lessons, practical exercises, and discussions for students who are not native-English speakers. Qualified candidates are expected to support NATO exercises and readiness events in order to incorporate current lessons observed into curriculum updates. This is a position on a unique, diverse, international, and distributed team that offers challenging work requiring someone who is technologically savvy and can work effectively alone or with groups and the team. The successful candidate will tele-work (from home office) approximately 75% of the time with 25% international travel. The successful candidate must demonstrate they are diligent ‘self-starters’ who can excel in a diverse working environment with little supervision or guidance in order to meet SOF intelligence support requirements and deadlines.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on exploitation support to special operations.
- Develop and deliver (instruct) training and educational curriculum based on adult learning and English Second Language (ESL) standards, principles, and procedures
- Serve as a primary facilitator and/or mentor to students or participants during courses, exercises, evaluations, or readiness events.
- Prepare lesson plans, teaching plans, lectures, presentations, briefings, and lead discussions for a vast target audience at various levels in multiple environments (e.g. classroom, syndicate, laboratory, exercises, evaluations, events, etc.).
- Develop and maintain technology-based course manuals, exercise/training support packages, software tools, handouts, study aids, and assessments as required.
- Collaborate virtually and in person with team members to analyze and design resident curriculum to meet NATO Special Operations School standards.
- Ensure course materials are maintained, updated, and improved to remain current and relevant and participate in educational quality improvement activities.
- Coordinate and collaborate with members of the NATO Special Operations Headquarters staff on training, education, doctrine, exercises and evaluations related to exploitation operations for special operations and integration for SOF.
- Participate in exercises, evaluations or other events as required and incorporate observations and lessons learned into curriculum, doctrine, or training as required.
- Conduct research, collaborate, and develop doctrine, publications, and manuals related to exploitation operations to special operations and associated skills/techniques.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, & EXPERIENCE
- Citizen of a NATO member nation and have at least 7-10 years of experience as a qualified Special Operations Forces (SOF) or other government agency (OGA) personnel at the tactical and operational levels.
- Service in at least one mid-level assignment/position in a national or NATO organization with significant direct experience conducting exploitation operations in support of SOF.
- Current Secret clearance; eligibility for Top Secret. Obtaining a NATO Secret clearance is required upon hiring.
- Experience as a successful classroom instructor/educator.
- Must be knowledgeable in the levels of NATO Technical Exploitation Operations (TEO) with direct experience using various digital exploitation software suites; biometric, explosive, and chemical collection methods and devices; and forensic photography and items collection techniques.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (equivalent is defined as 4 additional years of relevant SOF intelligence experience); Master’s Degree desired.
- NATO/NATO SOF experience (or experience with multi-national SOF operations).
- 8+ years of total related experience.
- International and/or NATO SOF training and education experience.
- Able to write, speak, and teach in English for and ESL audience, and demonstrate outstanding speaking, writing, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, experience working as a member of a team.
- Highly capable of operating independently and effectively in a distributed workforce.
- Fully competent with Microsoft Office® suite of automation tools including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, OneNote, and SharePoint.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with developing training solutions, scenarios, or simulations to aid training, education, mission preparation, or to enhance technical development.
- Formal education or experience with adult education, education technology, instructional system design, and/or e-Education. Master’s Degree desired.
- Experience with operations and intelligence integration, especially in support of SOF.
- Operational experience at the joint force command, joint task force, joint special operations task force, and/or special operations component command.
- Experience with or exposure to civilian intelligence agencies.
- Experience with Intelligence Collection Planning, Intelligence and Targeting Cycle, and Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) operations.
- Experience or qualification with a learning management system (LMS).
- Previous collaboration / participation in e-Education curriculum development to meet distance learning requirements. Experience as a solutions architect for e-Education, digital knowledge bases, and digital tools to aid product delivery, education solutions, training support, collaboration, and communications is desired.
The job does not require relocation; telecommuting is authorized. Travel is approximately 25%, mainly to European locations.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.