Leidos Engineering is seeking a Lead Distribution Planning and Analysis Engineer to join our distribution planning team in our Hendersonville, TN office. It is expected that this role will involve the execution of studies in distribution planning, distrusted energy resource (DER) interconnection impact , arc flash and coordination. Studies are conducted for investor owned utilities, municipal utilities, and electric system cooperatives. The position will involve client facing work and include occasional business development activities. The position may be suitable for an experienced distribution engineer transitioning to distribution planning activities. The growth potential of this position is significant for the right candidate.
The preferred candidate would possess solid distribution analysis and distribution design experience, including significant DER interconnection impact study experience. Experience performing Python scripting, and arc flash assessments will be considered.
- Typically requires Bachelors in Electrical Engineering and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience, or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience, either with an electric utility or with an electric utility consulting company.
- Must have client management experience.
- Must have experience functioning in a technical role in distribution studies and QAQC of client deliverables.
- Experience with distribution design is required (overhead and underground system projects such as reconductoring, voltage conversion, distribution automation, asset replacement and new business).
- Experience with a distribution system load flow software package is required (DNV GL’s Synergi, Milsoft’s WindMil, or Cyme’s Cymdist).
- Experience with ETAP, EasyPower, Siemens PTI’s PSS/E, GE Concordia’s PSLF, EMTP, ASPEN OneLiner, Electrocon’s CAPE, or PSCAD is a plus.
- Familiarity with Python scripting to develop automation within power system analysis tools is a plus.
- Experience with microgrid analysis and design tools such as DER-CAM, HOMER, DIG-SILENT, MATLAB and PSCAD is a plus.
- Experience with developing GIS based construction work packages and GIS data improvement initiatives is a plus.
- Must possess strong written, interpersonal and presentation communication skills.
Must be a team player and provide leadership to other team members.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with many different people with diverse backgrounds and geographic locations.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.