Leidos is seeking a Network Engineer to support the IOSS contract. this position may be worked remotely from your home office within the United States only. Must be US citizen for contract requirement.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Infrastructure Operations Services Support (IOSS) mission. The mission of Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available and cost-effective information technology services. IO support helps to provide critical services focusing on consistent availability of Veteran-facing applications and quick delivery of benefits for Veterans.
The Network Engineer plans, supports and evaluates complex existing network systems and make recommendations for resources required to maintain and/or expand service levels.
- provide highly skilled technical assistance in network planning, engineering and architecture.
- Provide and develop technical standards and interface applications; identify and evaluate new products; provide solutions for network problems.
- Interface with internal/external customers and vendors to determine system needs.
- Plans and incorporates how new network resources and applications will exist on the network.
- Provide monthly metrics for network availability and bandwidth usage as well as other metrics as requested.
- Responsible for network capacity planning. Use network management tools to discover, map and maintain the network. Responsible for network equipment OS and version upgrades.
- Responsible for conducting research of new technologies and implementation strategies.
- Monitor and maintain network interfaces to insure its highest level of performance and makes modifications and enhancements as needed. Responsible for documenting procedures and keeping network diagrams and related material up to date.
- Handle escalated user problems, questions, and request on network issues. Work with other groups within IS to resolve network related issues as needed. Leads and directs work of other Network Engineers.
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, wide area network optimizers, out of band management devices)
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including Cisco iOS upgrades, Cisco router configurations updates, Widea Network Optimizer configurations, Out of Band Management Devices configurations and updates. Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning Provide Level-3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team Works with customer and other IT personnel for problem resolution
The candidate must: (Required)
- Possess technical and functional expertise; no supervisory responsibility
- This position requires technical knowledge, abilities, skills and experience and often exercises judgement in the performance of their duties.
- The individual performs work consistent with directives, policies, standards and regulations.
- Bachelor’s from an accredited college in a Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required with 5 years of professional experience.13 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Must be US Citizen with ability to obtain Public Trust Clarence
Key skills required for this position.
- Proven hands-on network engineering experience
- Deep understanding of network protocols
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- Strong independent thinking and problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated and adaptable
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.