The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is looking for a Portfolio Security Manager to provide leadership on a mission-critical program supporting the Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) within Customs and Border Protection (CBP). PSPD supports the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and CBP critical missions, specifically screening and processing travelers at the ports of entry (POEs) into the United States.
Security Engineer will take ownership for integrating security into the development of all applications. The Security Engineer will work closely with the software development teams to threat model, vulnerability scan, and pen test the early software, system, and network architecture and identify required control points in the application stack. The Application Security Engineer will also work closely with developers to diagnose, document, and remediate application security vulnerabilities. The Security Engineer will also be responsible for evaluating, recommending, and implementing application security related software in an automated continuous integration/deployment environment. The individual will oversee security compliance and processes, for a portfolio of applications. The individual will ensure that critical security functions such as Authorization To Operate (ATO), control gates, and related tasks and deliverables are completed successfully and on-schedule.
- Providing leadership and vision in incident handling, response, and analysis.
- Lead security and compliance assessments and evaluations pertaining to specific application and subsystems.
- Supporting the adoption and/or implementation of Federal and national security and compliance standards and/or guidance.
- Develop and provide metrics and reporting to demonstrate application compliance.
- Ability to manage multiple high visibility security projects and adjust to quick shifts in customer priorities while meeting all mission requirements.
- Perform vulnerability assessment and development and track mitigations.
- Providing support to programming code reviews, determining system performance specifications, identifying and resolving interoperability problems, developing requirements, determining parameters, and resolving conflicts between disparate technologies as they arise.
- Assist portfolio management with technical direction and prioritization of the development backlog
- Provide mentoring and training to other team members on security guidance, technologies and processes.
- Supporting development and maintenance of applicable Continuity of Operations (COOP) Plans, Business Impact Analyses (BIA), System Security Plan (SSP), Business Continuity Plans (BCPs), and Disaster Recovery Plans (DRPs).
- Requires BS degree in IT, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field and at least 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 8 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- CISSP Security Certification
- Experience in one or more of the following areas are required:
- Demonstrated experience with NIST SP 800 series or equivalent series documents development and maintenance for information security management and risk assessment
- Demonstrated experience supporting and securing software development projects/programs to include Agile development and DevOps/SecDevOps
- Demonstrated experience with securing cloud services (AWS or Azure)
- Experience defining strategic governance for security management, defining quality metrics, and implementing repeatable processes
- Experience providing project management support, systems support, process improvement recommendations and product support documentation
- U.S. Citizenship
- At least five (5) years’ experience managing application security
- One or more of the following certifications:
- CEH: Certified Ethical Hacker
- CISM: Certified Information Security Manager
- CompTIA Security+
- CISA: Certified Information Security Auditor
- Experience with DHS, CBP, OIT, Border Enforcement, Cloud Services (AWS/Azure), Cloud Migration, DevOps/SecDevOps, Containerization, micro services, and Software Development
- Candidates with strong analytical and organizational skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with information security technologies (e.g., design, encryption, data protection, privilege access, identity and access management, incident management, risk management and auditing)
- Experience guiding peers, leaders, and decision makers on addressing complex security issues
- Experience with scanning and elevation tools (WebInspect, Fortify, JFrog Xray, SonarCube, Nessus etc.); and GRC tools (RSA Archer)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.