Leidos is seeking qualified candidates for the role of Systems Engineer, SME to support of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) – Information Technology (IT) program. The Army Corps of Engineers – Information Technology (ACE-IT) provides secure enterprise-wide IT and information management support services to more than 40,000 USACE end users located throughout the Continental U.S. (CONUS) and outside the Continental U.S. (OCONUS). ACE-IT is the enterprise IT service delivery team for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, supporting mission requirements using a site-specific support model aligned along the USACE Regional Business Centers.
ACE-IT provides direct on-site command and control, coordination, planning, and operations and maintenance support for routine and emergency IT services.
The Systems Engineer, SME is a Virtual position. In this role, the selected candidate will:
- Provide installations and support designing solutions for the current corporate WAN system within ACE-IT taking into account availability, scalability, security and manageability as appropriate
- Support network engineering on a broad range of programs providing support for various business-critical networks
- Support the full system engineering life-cycle including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, test, and implementation
Systems Engineer, SME Responsibilities
- Provide design support for Web Services team in support of break/fix issues and projects
- Provide recommendations on web services features and deliver procedures on how to use the features
- Manage ColdFusion farms (production and staging), and several (20+) instances of ColdFusion; support through the service life cycle, including maintain and patch
- Provide Tier II support to Operations in support of the Web Services
- Respond to incident tickets associated with Web Services
- Respond to service request (work order) tickets associated with Web Services
- Respond to problem (architecture and design level) tickets associated with Web Services
- Submit and support change requests tickets associated with Web Services
- Installation and configuration of IIS to host custom .NET, PHP, and other various applications/application frameworks
- Develop web services system analysis and design documents for ACE-IT corporate architecture, specific projects, assessment of business process and design artifacts provided by project, program or service support staff. This includes integration support such as SharePoint services, etc.
- Work with the other departments in designing, staging configuration, implementation and support as applicable
- Participate in a weekly on-call rotation
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours or modified schedule for planned or emergency work
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college in an IT related field and 4 to 8 years of prior relevant experience
- Must have at least one of the following current certifications to satisfy DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II:
- CompTIA Security+ CE
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Security
- GIAC Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GISCP)
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Must have current certification: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
- Exposure to web and collaboration systems, including IT Service Management processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Work, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Cloud based web applications on Azure, AWS or Internal Private Cloud Experience with USACE, DISA or other military systems
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to maintain confidential information and communications
- Experience with DoD, Army and/or USACE customers
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills to effectively translate and communicate complex technical information and risk to all levels of internal and external organizations
- Work well under pressure with differing levels of Team Members and Management
- Exposure to other network monitoring systems and IT Service Management
- Experience with classified and unclassified networks
- Customer Service Focused - deliver sustained high levels of customer satisfaction
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.