- Work with identified clients to determine the learning need, appropriate learning outcomes, and the most appropriate instructional methodologies based on adult learning theory.
- Document needs assessment findings to include recommendations to be used by the client.
- Determine the tasks, skills, level of effort, and advanced learning strategies required to meet the learning needs of the organization.
- Design, develop, and deliver instructional materials for instructor and student use in approved formats such as visuals, handouts, and reference guides.
- Develop participant-centered, applied learning solutions.
- Assess expertise at multiple Kirkpatrick levels
- Completes peer to peer reviews to ensure consistency, quality, and appropriate use of course content guidelines.
- Ability to teach and mentor others.
- Experience creating learning solutions in a fast-paced, agile environment with a focus on iteration, continuous improvement using business feedback, and lifecycle planning for learning programs
- Provide consultation and recommendations to customers on innovative training solutions, as well as effective and relevant curriculum development and delivery.
- Work with instructors, subject matter experts, instructional technologists, and developers to analyze, design, develop, and evaluate learning solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Instructional System Design, Instructional Technology, adult education, or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in adult learning theories, methods, strategies, best practices, techniques of instructional curriculum develop and evaluation to assist in the develop and delivery of lessons related to established training goals
- Knowledge of the latest trends in education and how technology enables learning
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop participant-centered, applied learning solutions.
- Must have ISD experience within the IC
- Must have an understanding of the ADDIE instructional system design model
- Candidate must have BS with 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10-12 years prior relevant experience.
- Must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph to be considered for this position
- 6 or more years progressive work experience in instructional design to include training industry experience (instructor-led, online, and in blended environments).
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Creative Suite
- Pluses: Experience with SCORM, Section 508 requirements, and technical specifications for Learning Management Systems (LMS), Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, and/or Lectora
"External Referral Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Curriculum Developer
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.