Data Conditioning personnel are required to have strong English and foreign language skills (Chinese).
Data Conditioning personnel are not required to formally translate material into English.
- Monitor assigned Internet-based media sources and make selections based on customer criteria
- Monitor, collect, and condition (e.g. structure, categorize/code/tag, highlight, comment on) foreign media information to include social media, radio, television, newspapers, blogs, websites, and various Internet sites
- Review English
- Import data into customer repositories
- Respond to requirements from customers by collecting data, analyzing results, and publishing detailed written reports in English
- Prioritize information for reporting based on customer requirements
- US citizen
- Requires a BA degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Professional-Level proficiency in a foreign language (Chinese) (ILR 3 or higher)
- Have at least one year of experience evaluating sources, conducting research, synthesizing and summarizing findings, and writing reports in English in accordance with designated standards, or commensurate training or education in a relevant field of study
- Experience with research on publicly available information, including social media exploitation
- Focused knowledge of particular media environments
- Understanding of information collected from the latest digital media platforms
- Must possess computer skills, including MS Office, to be able to produce written translations and products and sufficient Internet skills that will allow advanced research on the Web
- Ability to work independently and as a contributor to a virtual team
- Self-starter with curious mindset and desire to solve problems and learn new skills
- Strong organizational skills, time-management skills, attention to detail, and strong initiative
- Effective communicator in both written and verbal formats to a variety of audiences
- Successful completion of English and foreign language testing
- Experience with Human Language Technology (HLT) such as computer assisted translation (CAT) tools, post-edited machine translation, and adaptive machine translation tools.
- Subject matter expertise or education in politics, culture, religion, international relations, economics, energy, counter-proliferation, cyber threats, counter-narcotics, military, science and technology, counterterrorism, or media of a particular country or region
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.