The selected candidate will join the CATALYST Development Team and work directly with Mission personnel. Our team uses a wide variety of commercial Amazon Web Services (AWS) to deliver critical Mission functions to Production using agile development principles. This position requires a person that can perform within a team but can also work independently with minimal guidance as situations arise.
CATALYST provides services to build prototypes of new AWS cloud-based technical capabilities, and bring those capabilities through the full software development lifecycle including agile development, system test, and transition to operations (SecDevOps). This includes all services required to support application development, systems engineering, cloud services, COTS integration, and ongoing operations and maintenance. The successful candidate will spend most of their time in the development of new AWS-based applications, with as-needed operations and maintenance (O&M) of those applications.
- Work independently and with the software development team on the development and testing of new commercial AWS features/capabilities
- Interact frequently and effectively with team members, management and Mission personnel
- Adapt to changing work requirements with multiple tasks and priorities; be flexible and able to juggle multiple priorities
- Perform O&M for production AWS applications; monitor operations and take appropriate action as scheduled and in response to service interruptions
- Currently holds an active clearance with the US Government sponsor (TS/SCI with polygraph)
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or a scientific or technical disciple, plus 8 years relevant experience (or 10 years’ experience with no degree).
- Application development using commercial Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- O&M support to AWS-based applications in production, including status monitoring and trouble ticket resolution
- Software development version control (e.g., Git/Github)
- Linux environments (e.g. RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu)
- Able to communicate technical details to technical and non-technical audiences
- Documents code and shares lessons learned through mediums such as team wiki, SharePoint or Confluence
- Application development using Python, Java, Go/Golang, or NodeJS
- Experience with services/products similar to Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Amazon ECS for Kubernetes (Amazon EKS)
- Serverless computing similar to AWS Lambda
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
- AWS Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Package management utilities (e.g., Yum, Pip)
- Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS)
- “Infrastructure as code” (IaC): Writing and coding in products similar to AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Setting up continuous integration, continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines (e.g., CodeCommit, CodePipeline, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, Jenkins)
- Development with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) tools such as Amazon Rekognition or Amazon SageMaker
- System monitoring services (e.g., Amazon CloudWatch, Splunk)
- Visualization applications (e.g., Tableau, Amazon QuickSight)
- AWS certification
- Experience working within the Open Source Enterprise (OSE)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.