Leidos is seeking an energetic Software Test engineer to join the Test team on a high profile dynamic project. Responsible for testing all aspects of the system including Java and web based front end applications running on Windows clients, Linux servers, and cloud technologies to ensure all components work on a variety of hardware ranging from simple workstations to high-end servers.
Tester must have sufficient experience to build and configure workstations and/or servers independently or with minimal guidance to create test environments that mirror a multitude of installed baselines. May be asked to create tests for ad hoc situations such as replicating field-reported problems or load testing under specific conditions to evaluate and develop test plans and procedures, prepare for and conduct the data collection and analysis, and report status and results.
• Test Planning, Engineering, and Automation development utilizing test tools and/or native OS scripting
• Manually test web-based applications (e.g. Java, J2EE, JSP, technologies, including EJBs and Web Services)
• Explain technical procedures and results clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Detect, track, report, and communicate test defects effectively
• Develop test procedures to create and execute formal test events to include Functional, Regression Testing, 508 (Accessibility) Testing, etc.
• Work closely with the developers to validate new and modified code (as related to requirements or bugs)
• Work in a team environment comprised of database administrators, requirements analysts, software developers, systems engineers, systems administrators, and systems architects
• BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems and at least 12 years of experience OR 16 + yrs experience in lieu of experience
• Must have an active Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph Clearance
• Formal test background
• Experience with test automation methodologies
• Experience maintaining and configuring Linux and Windows workstations that comprise the test automation environment
• Experience testing Web Applications
• Experience creating formal test documentation
• Familiarity with Eclipse, JAWS, Jenkins, Selenium, and Git (gitlab, github)
• Experience with agile development methodologies, Scrum methodology, and test driven development
• Scripting experience
• Ability to juggle competing priorities
• Strong oral and written communication skills
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.