The Leidos E&CS Group is looking for a Project Manager to directly support the Program Manager of a large, high-profile, multi-year DoD contract. JRSS is a multi-year, global effort to improve DoD’s security posture and provide enhanced security capabilities and analytics by centralizing and virtualizing network security into regional stacks rather than locally distributed appliances.
This individual will work as part of the contract’s Program Management Office (PMO) to provide program support, integration, and performance measurement for the disparate groups that provide services on the contact. He/she will also act as leader for a multi-focus team delivering outstanding products and services to meet tight deadlines and achieve mission objectives.
- Manage a team responsible for the design, schedule, and operations for multiple competing projects. Oversee and monitor team performance, and when required, take steps to resolve issues. Coach, mentor, and develop team members.
- Identify tasks, assign and coordinate resources, create and track project schedule, and report on status and performance of all team projects within constraints of cost, time, scope, and quality.
- Establish standards, procedures, and best practices for consistent, repeatable projects carried out by the team.
- Insure all deliverables meet or exceed PMO objectives.
- In addition to the team’s projects, integrate disparate information sources and systems to track and report on key indicators of program performance as a whole.
- Effectively identify and report on issues or related problems and potential risks. Then, manage identified project risks.
- Support process improvement and innovation.
- Support program reviews and briefings at all levels of the organization.
- Leverage in-depth knowledge of SharePoint and other COTS and Leidos tools to track, manage, and measure performance against program objectives.
- Support the JRSS staffing portfolio by communicating with subcontracting partners and managing staffing requirements.
- Interact with functional leads responsible for other program areas such as asset management, Finance, Staffing, Risk Management, HR, and subcontracts.
- Produce written deliverables such as CDRLs, weekly and monthly project reports, and project plans.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering/technical discipline from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with a minimum of 8-12 years or more of professional experience; or 6-10 years with a related Masters. Equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience organizing, directing, and managing staff and contract operation support functions involving multiple, complex, and interrelated project tasks.
- Experience meeting with program personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items, and then effectively execute in accordance with approved plans.
- Demonstrated experience supporting projects and experience working with competing priorities.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating and coordinating across project teams and components facilitating information sharing, reuse and productivity improvements.
- Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within the organization
- Experience meeting with stakeholders to formulate, review, and execute task plans and deliverable items.
- Experience effectively communicating with senior management and program stakeholders via briefings, presentations, and documents.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and proven leadership abilities within a DOD environment.
- Proven ability to multitask, along with strong organization and time management skills.
- Per contract requirements, U.S. citizenship and an active DOD Secret clearance is required.
- Good knowledge of financial metrics such as earned value and margin on resources.
- Expert level skills in SharePoint, the vehicle used to store program data.
- PMP certification
- ITIL certification
- Prior DISA experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.