Leidos is hiring an ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) Developer to play a key role on our SSA ITSSC II program in Windsor Mill, MD. As our Database Developer your responsibilities of this position may include:
- Database developer and Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) developer with custom scripting skills.
- Design, development, testing, and maintenance of UNIX shell scripting and Python
- Expert in the various data loading techniques to Greenplum MPP database and develop process to automate it, and troubleshoot any data load errors
- Database development experience with strong skills in SQL and PL/pgSQL.
- Expert in shell scripting, regular expression and automating tasks
- Perform source system data analysis to understand data relationships
- Investigate and resolve data quality, data loading failures and develop data cleansing routines
- Design and document logical and physical data models in data modeling tool
- Generate Data Definition Language (DDL) scripts from modeling tool
- Design and document source to target data mappings
- Design, develop and test custom ETL or data stage routines
- Automate the custom data loading process and continue to improve based on requirements.
- Provide ad hoc query support for ad hoc query requests
- Experience with AWS, EC2, S3
- Provide mentorship to group members and will be expected to help develop and support mid and junior level staff.
- May be scheduled for after hours on-call support and will be required to support production release during non-peak hours.
- The selected candidate will accept other duties as directed by management
- Bachelor's degree plus 4 years experience; or Master's degree plus 2 years' experience
- Experience working with complex data warehouse projects
- Experience designing custom ETL processes to populate the data warehouse
- Ability to analyze source data for potential data quality issues and address these issues
- Ability to effectively communicate information, both verbally and written to end users, team members and management
- High-level knowledge of various industry leading data ware house components (databases, ETL tools, BI/reporting tools)
- Experience in scripting (Shell scripting, python, Java) and automation
- Experience with DevOps
- Prepare technical documents and presentation
- Familiarity with Atlassian product suites, git, bitbucket, confluence, jira.
- Ansible scripting
- Experience with cloud environment, AWS
- Database Administration (DBA) skills
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.