The Defense Group of Leidos has a career opportunity for a talented, Development Security Engineer in Abingdon, MD to support a critical modernization effort of the Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS) in order to satisfy the vision of Program Executive Office (PEO) Command Control Communications - Tactical (C3T) and Project Manager Mission Command.
The AFATDS is a multi-service, automated command, coordination, communication, and computing system that provides automated fire support and coordination to all echelons, from firing unit through theater level, at Army, Marine Corps, Naval Firing Platforms, Navy Command and Amphibious Assault Ships, Air Force Operations Centers, and Joint Command and Control Centers. AFATDS enables the automatic application of the Force Commander’s guidance in the Fires Warfighting Function to plan, execute, and deliver effects at all levels of command within the current and future force. AFATDS can automatically tailor the selection of fire support assets (field artillery, mortars, close air support, naval gunfire, attack helicopters, and offensive electronic warfare assets) based on the Commander’s guidance, thereby enabling maximum effective use of all available fire support assets across the full spectrum of conflict.
This effort is to meet the government’s objective to modernize the underlying AFATDS architecture, redesign the AFATDS front-end to a fully web- and role-based user interface, integrate common services made available through the Army’s Common Operating Environment (COE), and incorporate advanced embedded training technologies to aid in operator-initiated system instruction and refresher training.
- Design, deploy, support, and maintain 800-171 and 800-53 compliance Redhat Linux clients and servers to include:
- Secure BIOS configuration
- Establishing partitions that meet security and performance standards
- Evaluating the RHEL baseline for the minimum amount of packages required
- Identifying post-installing security configurations
- Create Linux scripts to assist with deployment and security configuration
- Support creation and update of all relevant documentation and specifications for secure design, secure development and security testing
- BS degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain
- Strong Linux administration experience with RHEL, SE Linux, and/or centOS, including: Integration with infrastructure services, bare metal builds, create boot images, backup/restore, and perform system hardening
- Proficiency in installing, hardening, patching, backup and restore of Linux/Unix systems
- Experience in applying Security and Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) to software technologies
- Demonstrated experience with Unix/Linux operating system System Administration (SA) or System Engineering (SE)
- Demonstrated experience with deployment of COTS applications
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting Windows-based and UNIX-based systems
- Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Good verbal and written skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint)
- Ability to obtain a DoD SECRET security clearance
- US Citizenship is required
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework in a software development environment is strongly preferred
- Experience with software or system vulnerability analysis reports (HP Fortify, BurpSuite Pro, Metasploit Pro, OpenVAS, ACAS, or SCAP)
- Experience with Static code / dynamic code analysis
- Experience in penetration, web app or security scanning testing
- Experience deploying and maintaining security tools (Security Information and Event Management, Vulnerability Scanning, Electronic Policy Orchestrator, etc.)
- Experience with standards 800-171, and 800-53
- Experience with AFATDS, Army Common Operating Environment (COE), VMF messaging or other PMO systems
- Currently possess an active DoD SECRET security clearance
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.