The Leidos Intelligence Division is seeking a Senior Cloud Developer to support a highly visible fast paced prime contract in the Annapolis Junction, Fort Meade , MD area.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: Do you enjoy being a part of small teams that work closely with the customer? Does big data pique your interest? Our Prototype Development Support program is looking for candidates with a strong mission focus to do new development and rapid prototyping. Someone who can figure out smarter, better ways to discover new targets or support mission analysis.
A senior developer position working with machine learning concepts to perform feature extraction and validation. These results will be loaded into various corporate tools such as GMLEARN, XKS and use supporting tools such as ML Flow. This is an opportunity to start from the ground up, determining platform and features to be implemented.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Working in a smaller dynamic team, you will be working on new ways to solve customers’ questions and determining how machine learning will be utilized to derive those answers. You will work with people from a variety of organizations and establishing and improving the tradecraft used in those organizations.
What you will like about this position:
You will be part of a team that constantly strives to provide the best ways for the customer to answer the questions it needs to, all in a fast paced, highly collaborative challenging environment.
- The candidate must have: Bachelor's Degree and at least eight 8-12 years of general experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- At least 5 years of experience in software‐intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least six ﴾6﴿ years of experience developing software with high level languages ﴾such as Java, C, C++﴿, and at least three ﴾3﴿ years developing software in UNIX/Linux ﴾RedHat versions 3‐5+﴿ and software integration and testing ﴾to include developing and implementing test plans and scripts﴿.
- At least four ﴾4﴿ years of experience with distributed scalable Big Data Store ﴾NoSQL﴿ such as HBase, CloudBase/Accumulo, Big Table, etc., as well as MapReduce programming model, the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS﴿, and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Etc. Shall have demonstrated work experience with 1﴿ Serialization such as JSON and/or BSON, 2﴿ developing restful services, and 3﴿ using source code management tools
- Strong Java or Python skills are required.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning frameworks and platforms.
- Experience with GMAE, GHOSTMACHINE a plus.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.